Application Deadline: March 18, 2018.
FRIDA The Young Feminist Fund grants are dedicated to organizations/groups that are led by young women and/or trans* and intersex youth, under the age of 30. FRIDA recognizes that there are limited funding opportunities so FRIDA seeks to fill the gap experienced by young feminist activists in the 18 -30 age range. If your group is lead by young women up to 35 years of age you can still apply if the majority of your organization’s members is under 30.
FRIDA grants are given to organizations and groups that are dedicated to:
- Improving the lives of young women/trans* and intersex youth at local, national, regional or international levels
- Inclusive organizing
- Collective action and feminist movement building
Grantee organizations that FRIDA supports are led by young women and/or trans* and intersex* youth, under the age of 30. At least 70% of your organization’s membership needs to be people under 30 and the leadership in the group needs to be young women and/or trans* and intersex youth under 30.
You do not need to be a legally registered organization to apply.
Priority will be given to:
- Small, emerging grassroots groups with little or no access to funding from larger donors
- Groups, networks, or collectives based in Sub Saharan Africa, South, Southeast, East Asia and the Pacific, The Middle East and North Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean and Central, Southern, Eastern Europe and Central and North Asia)
- Groups located in remote, underserved areas
- Groups that are made up of and/or working with socially excluded and disadvantaged young women, trans* and intersex youth, especially: refugees, ethnic, national and caste minorities, rural women, urban disadvantaged, lesbian, bisexual, trans*, women and trans* living with HIV and AIDS, sex workers, women and trans* with disabilities, women and trans* living or working in armed conflicts and post conflict zones, women and trans lead unions, groups working on climate justice, land rights
- Groups using creative and innovative strategies to further their activism (including art, music, culture, poetry, social media, feminist activist driven research etc.)
- You can apply for a grant up to $5,000 USD. Grant money is flexible, it can be used over a period of 12 months for general support and/or projects, and are open to renewal.
For More Information: