Application Deadline: March 31st 2021
GCRA is responsible for building a pool of skilled, capable and ethical workforce for the Gauteng City Region. This is done through different interventions, i.e., bursaries, internships, learnerships, skills programmes, etc.
The GCRA bursary programme is open to all qualifying youth, with particular preference given to youth from Gauteng, who wish to study for an undergraduate and/or post-graduate programme at an accredited and registered Post School Education and Training institution in South Africa. The bursary covers full cost of study, with conditions, as stipulated in the bursary contract.
The Top 3 Grade 12 learners from all No-Fee paying, SSIP and LSEN government schools in Gauteng qualify for a bursary to study at a recognised Higher Education Institution (HEI) or a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College.
Applications Are Open For Following:
- Students who completed matric and reside in Gauteng – Proof of residence required
- Students intending to study an undergraduate programme and have been accepted at an accredited PSET institution of learning and/or is currently registered for such.
- Students who want to pursue Post-Graduate studies and have been accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning
The following students automatically qualify, but must also complete the appliction form online:
- Top Achievers from Gauteng Schools
- Top learner from no-fee paying schools in Gauteng
- Top 3 learner from LSEN schools in Gauteng
To Qualify for a GCRA bursary award you must be:
- A Souh African Citizen
- Youth residing in Gauteng between the age of 18 and 35
- Certified copy of South African ID(by birth)
- Proof of Gauteng residence
- Matric Certificate and or latest academic results(certified)
- Proof of income from parent(s) or guardian(s) or affidavit
- Letter of Motivation(not more than 2 pages)
- Proof of registration or acceptance letter from PSET institution
- Disability or medical report(where applicable)
For More Information: