Application Deadline: January 1st 2018
Applications for the GEN Startups for News international competition 2018 are now being accepted
Startups for News is an international competition that rewards the best startups bringing novel solutions to newsroom challenges. Each year, the Global Editors Network, in partnership with Journalism.co.uk, selects early-stage startups providing innovative products or services to media companies and accelerates their development through exposure, connections, and mentorship.
The aim of Startups for News is to accelerate the development of promising, early-stage media startups through worldwide exposure, networking with senior media executives, and private mentorship from the Global Editors Network’s board members.
- Your startup must offer an innovative product or service to newsrooms.
- It must have been founded no earlier than 2014.
- It must have received less than $1M in external funding.
- Startups that have applied in past years and have not participated in the final, at the GEN Summit, can apply again.
- The 16 selected startups get recognised by industry leaders, noticed by potential partners and benefit from media coverage.
- The finalists pitch on stage in front of 800 editors-in-chief, senior media executives and tech experts at the GEN Summit 2018 in Lisbon.
- The finalists get to network with senior media executives in a friendly atmosphere at the GEN Summit and benefit from their feedback, insights and connections..
- The winner receives exhibition space at the GEN Summit 2019 to showcase your products and/or services. Exhibition space is worth €7,000.
- The winner benefits from private mentorship sessions with Global Editors Network Board Members and great exposure on the GEN media channels.
- An international jury will select 16 startups, who will face off in online pitch battles.
- Afterwards, 8 finalists will be invited to the GEN Summit in Lisbon, where they will get to pitch in front of 800 editors-in-chief and media executives.
How to apply?
- To submit your application, register on F6S, and create a profile for your startup.
- If you need further information or help, please contact Catarina Falcao, Programme Manager, [email protected].
For More Information: