Application Deadline: 26 March 2018 23:59 GMT
Applications for the 2018 Global Editors Network Data Journalism Awards are now being accepted.
Over the past seven years, the Global Editors Network has organised the Data Journalism Awards competition to celebrate and credit outstanding work in the field of data-driven journalism worldwide.
- The Data Journalism Awards competition celebrates outstanding work in the field of data journalism worldwide. It can be won by any media organisation, big or small.
- The awards are given to examples of data-driven articles or investigations, data-driven applications and storytelling projects that use data visualisation, to cover topics relevant to the general public and aiming at having an impact on society.
- Media companies, non-profit organisations and freelancers or individuals are all eligible for the Data Journalism Awards. Works produced by individuals or teams of staffers from media companies and non-profit organisations, as well as freelancers or individuals are all eligible for entry.
- Works that are the result of a collaboration between organisations may also be submitted. Works produced by staffers or freelancers collaborating with government agencies, business or trade organisations with a stake (financial or of other nature) in the issue at hand are not eligible. In other words, the awards are not given to business data visualisations or projects produced for branding purposes.
- The prizes are worth $1,801 (US) each and will be awarded on 31 May 2018 at a special ceremony and gala dinner in Lisbon during the GEN Summit 2018.
- 26 MARCH 2018 : Deadline to apply
- APRIL 2018 : Shortlist reveal
- APRIL-JUNE 2018 : Jury assessment
- 31 MAY 2018 : Winners reveal at the 2018 ceremony and gala dinner
For More Information: