Application Deadline: May 30th 2018
GENES is funded by the Intra-Africa Program of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) of the European Commission. The consortium intends to:
1) Produce for Africa 10 world-class PjD jolders molecular plant breeders who will accelerate cultivar development to adapt to current and future challenges related to climate change and food and nutrition security;
used in Africa for food and nutrition security and the crop production industry;
3) Harmonize training programs and research agenda of the consortium members (universities) on the use of genomic breeding to accelerate cultivar development and increase the resilience of crop production systems;
In line with Agreement with Intra-Africa Mobility Scheme of EACEA, the scholarship will cover:
- Round trip flight ticket and visa costs (using a preferred travel agent and calculated against direct linear distance);
- Direct participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable;
- Comprehensive travel insurance (Health, Accident and Travel)
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period.
Other required documents are listed on the application form and include:
- Cover letter
- Scholarship Application form (download from GENES website)
- Student proposal (guidelines available from GENES website)
- National ID or Copy of Passport Data page
- Certificate of degree
- Transcript records
- Support letter from sending HEIs
- Recommendation letter of home supervisor (mandatory for all applicants)
- Enrollment proof in degree course from home institution (for MSc applicants)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Employment certificate (only for staff)
- Certificate of English or French language skills
- Proof of socio-economic vulnerability (if available)
- Due to difference in the partners higher education system, specific academic arrangements will be performed to assure that scholars are admitted in the right program and can make benefit of the mobility programme. These arrangements will be fixed on a case-by-case basis between the host HEI and Coordinating Institution.
- For more information, please contact Dr Celestine Afiukwa [email protected], Head Department of Biotechnology, Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria. Contacts of HEIs representative are available on www.genes-intra-africa.org
- Applicants should submit completed application and all supporting documents by email to [email protected] with a copy to Mr Dennis Okporie, [email protected], by 30 May 2018.
- They should indicate in the subject line (if submitting by email) or super scribe the envelope (if submitting by post) ‘Application for GENES MSc/PhDprogramme’. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Applications should be sent to: [email protected] with copy to Mr Dennis Okporie, [email protected] and Contact information: Department of Crop Production & Landscape Management Faculty of Agriculture & Natural Resources Management
Ebonyi State University, P. M. B. 053, Abakaliki, Nigeria.
Email: [email protected]
For More Information: