Application Deadline: February 5th 2017
Every year, the Global Entrepreneurship Congress gathers together thousands of entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, policymakers and other startup champions from more than 160 countries to identify new ways of helping founders start and scale new ventures around the world. At the weeklong GEC, delegates make connections, gain insights, learn about new research, and leave ready to renew their programs, policy ideas or firm founder skills.
GEC 2017 will take place in the heartbeat of South Africa, in Johannesburg — a budding startup hub that is both an economic and cultural cornerstone of the country — which promises to build on the successes of previous years.
The Global Entrepreneurship Network is calling on entrepreneurs across Africa to apply for the Digital Pitch Competition for a chance to pitch on stage during the 2017 Global Entrepreneurship Congress in South Africa.
- To enter the competition, they are required to like the GEN South Africa Facebook page, click the “Digital Pitch Competition” tab and register by completing the form.
- Thereafter, they should upload their pitch video directly on the page before February 5, 2017. The videos are open for public voting, as such entrepreneurs are to ask their friends to vote by liking their videos.
- After the public voting closes on February 7, the top five entrepreneurs will be selected as winners with an official announcement made on February 17 on the GEN South Africa Facebook page.
- The winners will go on to pitch their products/services in front of fellow entrepreneurs, potential investors and others in the global entrepreneurial ecosystem at the 2017 GEC, which holds on March 13 – 16, 2017 in Johannesburg.
- Their flights to the venue and accommodations for three nights will be covered, and they will also receive recognition as VIP guests, giving them networking opportunities with big players from tech ecosystems around the globe.
Interested? Follow the aforementioned instructions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you got questions.
For More Information: