Application Deadline: October 11th 2016
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is an opportunity for you and your organization to build skills, access tools, and grow your base of supporters to achieve crowdfunding success. When you graduate, your organization becomes a permanent member of GlobalGiving, and you’ll have access to all the tools, training, and one-on-one support available in the GlobalGiving community.
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is a virtual training program and crowdfunding campaign that will help you take your fundraising to the next level. Following an optional two-week training curriculum, you’ll be entered into an Accelerator campaign where you’ll raise at least $5,000 total from a minimum of 40 different donors in order to graduate and secure a permanent fundraising spot on the GlobalGiving platform.
Any registered nonprofit (anywhere in the world!) is eligible to apply.
Training Topics Include:
- Crowdfunding 101;
- Mapping your potential donor network;
- Storytelling and email appeals; and
- Creating SMART goals.
Benefits for Graduates
- Organizations that successfully complete the GlobalGiving Accelerator by raising at least $5,000 total from a minimum 40 different donors will earn:
- Permanent membership in the GlobalGiving community, including ongoing opportunities to attract new corporate and individual donors
Inclusion in a GlobalGiving press release announcing the Accelerator graduates
Additional promotion through GlobalGiving’s donor newsletter and social media
A custom media kit to help promote your accomplishment
A certificate of completion from GlobalGiving
GlobalGiving provides several opportunities for organizations to win Bonus prizes or matching funds during the Accelerator crowdfunding campaign.
- Bonus Day: During the Accelerator, GlobalGiving will have one Bonus Day during which GlobalGiving will match online donations between $25 and $1,000.
- Most Funds Raised Prizes: At the conclusion of the Accelerator campaign, the project with the most funds raised during the campaign will receive $3,000. The organization that raises the second highest amount will receive $2,000 and the organization with the third highest amount will receive $1,000.
- Most Unique Donors Prize: At the conclusion of the Accelerator, the project with the most unique donors during the campaign will receive $2,000.
All participants in the GlobalGiving Accelerator will receive:
- invitations to live and pre-recorded virtual trainings that help you raise funds by tapping into the power of the crowd;
- opportunities to receive free advice and support from GlobalGiving’s team of fundraising mentors; and
- entrance into the Accelerator crowdfunding campaign with bonus prizes and matching funds to help you put your new skills to the test and raise funds for your project.
Successful graduates of the GlobalGiving Accelerator—those that raise a total of $5,000 from at least 40 unique donors—will earn permanent membership in the GlobalGiving community, which includes:
- inclusion in corporate giving campaigns at companies like Google, Facebook, Ford, and many more;
- higher matching percentages and larger rewards during site-wide campaigns; and
- the ability to post multiple projects, ongoing training opportunities, and many more exciting benefits!
GlobalGiving Accelerator graduates will also receive:
- inclusion in a GlobalGiving press release;
- featured coverage in our social media and on the GlobalGiving homepage; and
- a signed certificate of completion.
- October 11, 2016 : Application submission deadline
- November 8, 2016 : You will be notified by our staff of your application status (applications received by October 11, 2016)
November 22, 2016 : Project submission deadline
November 14-25, 2016 : Accelerator training program
November 29, 2016 : Accelerator crowdfunding campaign begins on #GivingTuesday bonus day!
December 31, 2016 : Accelerator crowdfunding campaign ends
End of January, 2017 : Funds are disbursed to organizations
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the GlobalGiving Accelerator Program for nonprofits