Application Deadline: August 25 2014
Dates: September 30, 2014 – October 1, 2014
Address: To Be Announced
- Five travel scholarships, which include lodging, airfare and stipend, are available to entrepreneurs residing in Tunisia.
GIST is seeking out Morocco’s and Tunisia’s 35 most promising tech startups to participate in the upcoming Green Startup Boot Camp Powered by GIST to be held in Morocco on September 30 to October 1, 2014. At the event, entrepreneurs will get a chance to attend the entrepreneurial training, receive mentoring designed to spark innovative thinking, and present their venture in a pitching tournament.
CRDF Global and the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs are organizing the Green Startup Boot Camp Powered by GIST, on September 30 to October 1, 2014, in Morocco. The two-day Boot Camp is open to entrepreneurs from Morocco and Tunisia who have an early-stage green technology or information technology startup that incorporates environmentally-conscious practices.
This includes firms that have a corporate culture of environmental sustainability, envision long-term goals to positively impact the environment, or incorporate practices that encourage reusing and recycling materials.
The applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- A resident or citizen of Morocco or Tunisia (permanent residents or citizens of the USA are not eligible to apply)
- Entrepreneur involved in an early stage green technology or information technology startup that incorporates environmentally-conscious practices
- The startup’s product or service is in a user-testing stage, pilot stage, or is available on the market
Final awards will be given to the top 3 startups and an additional 2 startups will receive further mentorship at the conclusion of the boot camp.
The monetary awards for the top 3 startups are:
1st Place: $4,000
2nd Place: $1,500
3rd Place: $500
- Participants will receive intense training and mentorship from leading entrepreneurs and investors.
- These mentors will help participants work on venture expansion strategies, including methods to build networks and marketing tactics to increase global visibility.
- Selections will be made on a rolling basis.
- Applying early is encouraged.
The main components of the Startup Boot Camp will include:
- Interactive entrepreneurship training by US entrepreneurs and investors to a community of entrepreneurs from 35 green tech startups.
- One-on-one mentoring to help entrepreneurs refine go-to market and develop investor presentations and elevator pitches.
- On October 1, GIST invites you to attend GIST Demo Day where the top 5 Moroccan and Tunisian startups will pitch their business ideas and receive feedback from a panel of venture capitalists, angel investors and accomplished entrepreneurs.
- Demo Day is open to entrepreneurial and investment communities as well as stakeholders involved in entrepreneurial ecosystem building in Morocco.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out online form to sign up for the Green Startup Boot Camp Powered by GIST.
- Each startup requires only one application and, at most, two members from each startup will be allowed to attend the Boot Camp.
- The final selection of startups chosen to attend the Boot Camp will be based on the application information submitted via this form
- . The top 35 applicants will have the additional opportunity for one-on-one mentorship and a startup showcase.
For More Information: