Application Deadline: June 28, 2016 11:59:59 P.M. PT
Ready to showcase your app-building skills to the world?
Welcome to the 2016 AdMob Student App Challenge. If you’re a student with a great idea for a mobile app, here’s your chance to build your app, learn how to make money from it, and win awesome prizes.
The AdMob Student App Challenge (the “ Contest”) is a skill contest where participants must submit a mobile application that is available in the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store and uses AdMob for monetization, in addition to a business report that summarizes their strategy.
The Contest is aimed at fostering the participants’ creativity and scientific approach towards mobile application technology and at rewarding participants’ merits within such activities.
- To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be:
- CONTEST IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WORLDWIDE, EXCEPT FOR BURMA (MYANMAR), CUBA, IRAN, NORTH KOREA, QUEBEC, SUDAN, AND SYRIA
(1) above the age of majority in the country, state, province or jurisdiction of residence (or at least twenty years old in Taiwan) at the time of entry;
(2) not a resident of Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Quebec, Sudan, or Syria; (3) not a person or entity under U.S. export controls or sanctions; (4) actively enrolled as a student at any educational insti tution; and
(5) have access to the Internet during the Contest Period. Contest is void in Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Quebec, Sudan, Syria, and where prohibited by law.
MOBILE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS.
The Mobile Application must meet the following criteria:
(a) It must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, sexual, profane, indecent, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
(b) It must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, provincial or local laws and regulations in any state where Mobile Application is created.
(c) It must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In the event the Mobile Application violates the foregoing, The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Contestant.
(d) It must be an original, unpublished work that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
(e) It cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party’s rights, including but not limited to publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
(f) It must be submitted to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store during the Contest Period.
(g) It must comply with Google Play Store policies if submitted to the Google Play Store and Apple App Store policies if submitted to the Apple App Store.
(h) It must comply with AdMob publisher guidelines and policies, and have installed the latest version of the Google Mobile Ads SDK prior to publication in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
(i) It must receive a “Low Maturity” or “Everyone” rating in the Google Play Store or a “12+” or lower rating in the Apple App Store.
(j) It must use AdMob exclusively for monetization.
(k) It must set AdMob settings to serve advertisements in the Mobile Application
(l) It must be accompanied by a business report (“Business Report”) that includes:
(i) an executive summary;
(ii) a description of how your team was organized and managed;
(iii) how and why you created your application;
(iv) monetization strategy;
(v) marketing strategy; and
(vi) results. Each Contestant’s Business Report must be uploaded by 11:59 P.M. (PT) on June 28, 2016.
Finalist. Each member of a Contestant selected as Finalist will receive: (i) a Nexus 7 (or local equivalent); and (ii) will be identified on the AdMob website
. Approximate Retail Value of $1220 USD.
PRIZES FOR GRAND PRIZE WINNER:
- The Contestant selected as Grand Prize Winner will be mentioned on AdMob’s social channels and identified on the AdMob website.
- Grand Prize Winners whose Mobile Applications are available in the Google Play Store will also be featured on the Google Play Store and the Google Play Store’s social media channels, for a duration at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Each member of the Contestant selected as the Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- (i) a seven-night trip to San Francisco, including one day at the Google Headquarters in Mountain View, California to meet with Googlers and learn about Google products (“Trip Award”);
- (ii) a Nexus 7 (or local equivalent);
- (iii) an invitation to be interviewed and filmed by the Google marketing team for the purpose of creating promotional marketing materials for Google regarding the Contest, Contestant will be provided a copy of the completed marketing materials created solely by Google for Contestant’s own use for marketing purposes.
- Approximate retail value is $47,500 USD.
- The Trip Award will include:
(1) round-trip airfare (coach) for each individual member of the winning Contestant to travel from the major airport closest to the individual’s residence to San Francisco, California;
(2) double-occupancy hotel accommodation at Sponsor’s discretion for seven nights in San Francisco, California; and
(3) all reasonable food, transportation, and entertainment expenses incurred during the Contestant’s seven-night stay in San Francisco (not to exceed $150 USD per day per team member of Contestant).
Registration: January 28, 2016 – June 28, 2016
Submit your app and business report by: Deadline: June 28, 2016 at 5:00 P.M. (PT)
Finalists announced: July 28, 2016
Winner announced: August 25, 2016
- You may request a list of winners after August 25, 2016 but before December 1, 2016 by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to:
Product Marketing, AdMob
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 US
For More Information: