Application Deadline: 15 February 2022.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
· Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
· Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB)
· Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
· Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
· Politeknik Brunei (PB)
The academic year commences July/August 2022.
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31st July 2022.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
PROGRAMMES OFFERED AND ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
Programmes offered, entry qualifications and any further information are available from the following websites:
i) Universiti Brunei Darussalam – www.ubd.edu.bn
ii) Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan – www.kupu-sb.edu.bn
iii) Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali – www.unissa.edu.bn
iv) Universiti Teknologi Brunei – www.utb.edu.bn
v) Politeknik Brunei – www.pb.edu.bn
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
i) exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
ii) an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
iii) a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
iv) a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
v) an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
vi) accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
vii) baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to the country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
· BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
· BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
viii) comprehensive insurance for the whole duration of the Scholarship. Scholarship recipients are, however, urged to obtain additional insurance prior to travelling to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at their own expense.
- Application forms can be downloaded from the following link:
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address:
(NOTE: Maximum size allowed for e-mail and attachment files is 10MB)
Please take note, all application forms and supporting documents are to be submitted in Word Document / PDF / JPG format (compressed ( .zip ) folder)
Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- The closing date for the reception of completed application forms, together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents is, not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time) on 15 February 2022.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships 2022/2023