Application Deadline: 15 February 2024.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship to Foreign Students Tenable in Brunei Darussalam for the 2024/2025 academic session. The Scholarship provides applicants with the opportunity to pursue studies at the Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree level at the following institutions of higher education in Brunei:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB),
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB) and
- Politeknik Brunei (PB).
The academic year commences July/August 2024.
Ineligible applications will be rejected. Please check that you meet the following eligibility criteria before you apply:
|Not exceed the age of 25, for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes, and the age of 35, for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes, on the first day of July on the year when the course/programme starts.
|Be proficient in English with a Credit 6 at GCE ‘O’ Level Examination or a Grade ‘C” in IGCSE English (as a second language) or an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum score of 550.
NOTE: The Scholarship is intended primarily for international students studying for the first time in Brunei Darussalam. Bruneians, Brunei Permanent Residents and international students studying/who have studied in Brunei tertiary institutions are NOT eligible.
The full listing of the terms and conditions of the scholarship will be provided to the applicant once the application is successful and a scholarship is offered. A declaration will be required to be signed confirming understanding and agreement to these terms and conditions upon acceptance of the scholarship.
The general terms and conditions are as follows:
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
|The closing date for application of the Scholarship is 15 February 2024.
|An applicant may be required to appear for an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programmes, and to sit a written examination to assess the applicant’s proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic Language (where applicable).
|The Government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or enquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained.
|Documents to be uploaded in the application form: – Certified true copies of academic qualifications and other supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts). – Certified English translations of supporting documents must be submitted for documents that are not in English. – Certified true copies of Birth Certificate and Passport. – References and recommendations from referees. (C1 and C2)
|For queries related to courses/programmes offered, please browse the following links: Universiti Brunei Darussalam(UBD) Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA) Universiti Teknologi Brunei(UTB) Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan(KUPU SB) Politeknik Brunei (PB)
|To apply, please fill in the online Application Form at the following link – BDGS Application Form.
|Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD) must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/ Applicants applying to Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) must also complete an online application through https://apply.utb.edu.bn/
|For further queries please contact us at: [email protected]
For More Information: