Application Deadline: 9th September 2016
The Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission has the role to ensure the coordination of AU programmes in education and human resource development; science, technology and innovation; and youth empowerment. The Department provides technical support to Member States in the development and implementation of policies and programmes towards harmonisation, intra-African collaboration and experience sharing, as well as quality assurance in these fields, as contribution to attainment of the AU vision of integration, peace and prosperity of Africa.
The Government of The People’s Republic of China has made scholarship offers to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students study in China in the 2016-2017 Academic Year.
The scholarships are intended for studies leading to the award of the following Masters Degrees:
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- International Communications
The scholarships are open to all qualified African Nationals who meet the admission requirements set forth below.
Candidates applying for Masters’ programmes must satisfy the following requirements:
• Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
• Maximum age of 32 years
• Fluency in the English language, as it is the teaching language
Candidates may be required to undergo a written or oral examination after pre-selection.
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation for applying and how the qualification will enable you to serve the continent.
Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
• Curriculum Vitae including education, work experience and publications if any;
• Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, and personal details page of national passport (at least six month validity)
• Clear colored passport size photograph (3*4)
• Recommendations from two academic referees and one personal referee
• Health Certificate
Applications should be sent by email to Ms. Ikunda Mtenga Leon on: [email protected]
For More Information: