Early Bird Registration: October 30th 2015
Development Dialogue on Social Innovation and Leadership in Africa holds Thursday 26th November 2015 in Lagos
Nigeria’s development sector is beaming brightly as practitioners prepare to meet, engage, share ideas and deepen perspectives on global issues at the forthcoming Development Dialogue holding 9 a.m. on Thursday, 26th November 2015 in Lagos.
The Development Dialogue themed “Spurring Africa’s Development by Social Innovation and Leadership” is a melting point of thought leadership, innovation-conversations, policy discussions and collaboration for development actors (social entrepreneurs, non-profit/ NGO professionals,CSR practitioners, government workers/ public servants, community development agents or for-profit entrepreneurs with a social mission) to grow capacity for igniting social innovation in Africa.
A high-impact summit for Nigeria’s development sector, it will host over 500 practitioners across impact areas including agriculture, education, healthcare, media and arts, economic empowerment and financial inclusion, housing, environment, gender advocacy amongst others.
The Dialogue, which builds on the success of a pilot edition held in May 2015, will spark interesting conversations around achieving the Sustainable Development Goals in Africa, principled leadership and social innovation as well as linkages of collaboration for social good.
Debola Deji-Kurunmi, Executive Director of Ideation Hub Africa (host of the event) expressed enthusiasm saying
“We believe that Nigeria’s development space is an enormous one, and this Summit provides a desperately needed platform to explore the narratives around Africa’s prosperity through the third sector.”
- Dr. Ousman Dore, Country Director for African Development Bank in Nigeria, representing Dr.Akinwunmi Adesina (President, AfDB) will deliver the Keynote Speech on Spurring Africa’s Development by Social Innovation and Leadership.
- In two short seminars, the event will host Ndidi Nwuneli (Founder, LEAP Africa/ Co-founder, AACE Foods) on “How Social Innovation Emerges and Thrives” and
- Mr. Akin Fatunke (Manager, Public and Government Relations, Exxon Mobil) on The Critical Role of Corporate Social Investment for Africa’s Development”.
- Development leaders will join the Panel Sessions on “Toolkit for Social Innovation” and “Cross Sectoral Collaboration for Development”.
- Confirmed Panellists include
- Mosun Layode (ED, WIMBIZ),
- Chude Jideonwo (CEO, Red Media Africa),
- Bekeme Masade (ED, CSR-in-Action),
- Seyi Oyebisi (ED, NNNGO),
- Dayo Oluwole, (Managing Partner, Kasher Consulting),
- Akin Olukiran (ED, Institute of Voluntary Sector Management),
- Dele Osunmakinde (ED, Enterprising Nigeria) and
- Iyinoluwa Aboyeji (Co-founder, ANDELA).
Outcomes of the Dialogue will be curated into a Post-Dialogue Review showcasing thoughts, trends, perspectives and recommendations for development actors and institutions.
About Ideation Hub Africa
Ideation Hub Africa is a pan-African social enterprise focused on igniting innovation and social prosperity in Africa, by equipping businesses and development actors to create value and solve burning social issues. Development Dialogue is one of its initiatives.
Early Bird Conference Fee: N5, 000 (till October 31st 2015), Standard Conference Fee: N7, 500.
For More Information: