Application Deadline: March 15, 2017
Each year, the Courage in Journalism Awards honor three women journalists who have demonstrated extraordinary strength of character in pursuing their profession under difficult or dangerous circumstances such as government oppression, threats to personal safety, and other intimidating obstacles.
- Candidates for the Courage in Journalism Awards must be full-time staff or freelance women reporters, writers, editors, photographers, or producers working in any country and of any nationality.
Examples of the candidates work (additional materials will be requested on a case-by-case basis):
- For print journalists (including online media): 2-3 articles written by the candidate;
- For editors or publishers: 2-3 examples of overall work;
- For TV or radio reporters or producers: audio or video clip which features the candidate or is produced by the candidate (audio tapes can be uploaded electronically or submitted by mail on cassettes, CDs or by electronic audio file; video clips can be uploaded electronically or submitted by mail in DVD, BETA or NTSC format);
- For photojournalists: 4-5 photographs taken by the candidate;
Although preferred languages for submissions are English, French, Russian and Spanish, submissions in any language will be considered.
Candidates must currently be full-time or freelance women journalists working in print, broadcast or online media in any country.
For More Information: