Application Deadline: 7 February 2024:
Applications are now open for the 2024 Internet Society Early Career Fellowship. The Early Career Fellowship offers unparalleled access to world-class experts, including American University’s Professor Dr. Laura DeNardis and eminent scholars from the Oxford Internet Institute. It also offers project management, advocacy, and diplomacy know-how, providing the foundation for fellows to become future champions of the Internet.
A cohort of 15 fellows is selected once a year to participate in the 5-month program. Fellows can develop their knowledge and skills through seminars, events, courses, discussion sessions, and project work. They will also have networking, mentoring, and collaboration opportunities. The program culminates in a final project presentation by each fellow at a closing symposium.
Candidates must be early career professionals working in the Internet ecosystem in a technical, policy, economic, or social capacity who have initiated or are interested in projects designed to grow or strengthen the Internet.
Candidates with the following are welcome to apply:
- An undergraduate/vocational degree or at least three years of work experience in an Internet-related field
- Less than ten years of working experience in an Internet-related field
- An innovative and impactful project proposal for growing and/or strengthening the Internet
- Reliable access to broadband Internet connection and relevant device
- Availability to fully participate in the 5-month experience
- Proficiency in verbal and written English
To apply, applicants must:
- Commit a minimum of six hours per week for coursework, seminars, individual project work, and other program activities
- Complete the required 5 months
- Attend all required seminars or sessions and manage time zone differences
How to Apply
Candidates must complete the Online Application Form.
Application submissions are reviewed confidentially through a multi-step evaluation process by the selection committee. The committee attempts to achieve professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selection.
- 17 January 2024: Application submissions open
- 7 February 2024: Application submissions close
- End of March 2024: Fellows selection
- Beginning of April 2024: Cohort kick-off
For More Information: