Application Deadline: October 31, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
IREX is currently accepting applications for the 2018–2019 Community Solutions Program (CSP). The Community Solutions Program (CSP) is a year-long professional development program for people who are working to improve their communities by addressing issues related to the environment, tolerance and conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and women and gender.
For 2018–2019, up to 100 community activists will be selected to participate in the program, which includes:
- Four-month Fellowship in the United States: Community Solutions fellows are matched to host organizations throughout the US where they complete a four-month, hands-on professional experience.
- Community Leadership Institute: Community Solutions fellows participate in the Community Leadership Institute, a leadership training program designed to strengthen their leadership and management skills. The Institute includes face-to-face trainings, online courses, professional coaching, and networking.
- Community-based initiatives: While in the US and with the help of their US host organization, Community Solutions fellows design and plan a community development initiative or project to carry out after they return home. Once the fellows depart the US, they put these projects into action in their home communities.
The program covers the cost of most expenses associated with:
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip travel from participants’ home city to the US;
- Monthly allowance to cover housing, meals, and other living expenses while in the US; and
- Accident and sickness insurance.
- September 15, 2017 Application opens
- October 31, 2017 by 11:59 pm EST : Application deadline
- November–December 2017 : Applications reviewed by selection committee
- December 15, 2017 : Applicants notified if selected as a semifinalist
- December 15–31, 2017 : Semifinalists complete online interviews
- January 2018 : Semifinalist interviews reviewed by selection committee
- February-April 2018 : Finalists and alternates take English language tests as needed
- March 1, 2018 : Applicants notified if selected as a finalist or alternate
- June 2018 Pre-departure orientation
- August 2018 : Participants travel to the US and participate in the Welcome Orientation
- August-December 2018 : Participants complete a four-month practicum at a US-based host organization
- December 2018 : Participants participate in the End of Program Workshop and then return to their home countries
- December 2018-June 2019 : Participants complete their community-based initiatives
For More Information: