Application Deadline: February 28th 2018
The ISDB Young Professionals Program (YPP) is the strategic talent pipeline for the professional career in the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Group. The Program is designed for outstanding young graduates who can significantly help the IDB Group to carry out its mission and attain its objectives.
This Program enables each Young Professional (YP) to receive extensive exposure and experience of the IDB Group’s various activities through job rotations in different departments. Participants will initially spend two weeks Orientation stage in HRMD. Then, 27 months in Foundation stage which will be split into three rotations of 9 months each in IDB Group departments.
Participants will also benefit from a coaching/career counselling arrangement and a wide range of relevant training and developmental opportunities.
Upon successful program completion, the participant will gradually climb up the professional grades in the IDB Group.
Two weeks Orientation at HRMD
Three department rotations of 9 months duration each
The objective of this stage is to develop/strengthen the foundation of YPs with required competencies, knowledge and skills needed in the IDB Group, so that they could succeed professionally
YPs shall be confirmed in one of the departments subject to meeting requirements
Assigned a 3 to 6 months graduation project
YPs are expected to be in this stage between 1 year to 2 years before considered for graduation
The integrated YPs shall be exposed to LeadDP (Leadership Development Program)
YPs to be fully integrated with the IDB’s operations and culture
HRMD shall ensure that the YP is ready for the professional role
Direct placement on the grade of the position for which he/she was selected
Successful YPs awarded Certificate of Graduation
During the Program, the participants will also benefit from coaching/career counselling arrangements and a wide range of relevant training and developmental opportunities.
Prospective candidates for the YPP must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Age not more than 32 years at the time of application. May be allowed to attend interviews if they are under the age requirement at the date of application
- Holds a Bachelor degree in development, education, economics, finance, accounting, business administration, engineering, information technology and law or any other specializations relevant to the work of the Bank from highly reputed Universities or international centers of excellence
- Outstanding academic record. The indicators of high grades shall be based on education system of each country or region. The following grades from different education systems shall form a baseline for candidate’s eligibility for the YP program:
- GPA 3.5 on the scale of 4 or equivalent for any other system
- ‘A’ Grade according to regional systems following ABC grading
- ‘Excellent’ (ممتاز) in Arab, Russian or any other region’s system following such grading system
- Bien in French and Francophone systems
- 2nd Class Upper Honors in British system
- Able to work in English as business language
- Shall be a citizen of an IDB member country; applicants from Muslim communities of non-member countries may be admitted
- No working experience is required. However, experience shall be considered favorably.
Applicants in the following categories shall be considered as Priority candidates subject to their meeting entry requirements:
- Professionals with experience in a field directly related to the IDB Group’s activities particularly experience working in global organizations
- Under-represented nationalities from IDB member countries
- Master’s degree or its equivalent or Ph.D
- Good command of Arabic or French provided he/she is able to work in English
ISDB receive applications all year round and processed in batches where the selection process is very selective, thorough and competitive and successful applicants are mostly graduates from the centers of excellence with Ph.Ds and Masters with outstanding academic records.The General Selection Cycle is as follows:
1. Applications are received throughout the year 2017
2. All candidates are subjected to a comprehensive, rigorous and competitive selection process, which starts Jan 2018 until July 2018.
3. The Final Selection Interviews shall be normally held at IDB HQ in Jeddah
4. Selection of the final Candidates will be carried out through an Interview Panel
5. Successful candidates will be sent an offer from the Bank and expected to join the Bank in the next six months upon acceptance of the offer
6. The IDB is an international organisation and operates from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia having the headquarters based in Jeddah. In view of this, ISDB employment conditions are subjected to the regulations and requirements of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In view of this, candidates are advised that you do not leave your current employment until a work visa invitation is approved by the Saudi authorities and forwarded to you through the Bank
7. Further process will be carried out by the Human Resources Management Department (HRMD) upon receiving the response of the candidate
8. The YP intake generally takes place in two to three batches annually
9. Depending on the period your batch is processed, you shall be informed of the status accordingly. This may take some time as we typically receive large volumes of applications each time
For More Information: