The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is the strategic talent pipeline for the professional career in the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Group. The Program is designed for outstanding young graduates who can significantly help the IDB Group to carry out its mission and attain its objectives.
This Program enables each Young Professional (YP) to receive extensive exposure and experience of the IDB Group’s various activities through job rotations in different departments. Participants will initially spend two weeks Orientation stage in HRMD. Then, 27 months in Foundation stage which will be split into three rotations of 9 months each in IDB Group departments.
Participants will also benefit from a coaching/career counselling arrangement and a wide range of relevant training and developmental opportunities.Upon successful program completion, the participant will gradually climb up the professional grades in the IDB Group.
Prospective candidates for the YPP must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Holds a Bachelor degree in development, education, economics, finance, accounting, business administration, engineering, information technology and law or any other specializations relevant to the work of the Bank from highly reputed Universities or international centers of excellence.
- Outstanding academic record. The indicators of high grades shall be based on education system of each country or region. The following grades from different education systems shall form a baseline for candidate’s eligibility for the YP program:
- GPA 3.5 on the scale of 4 or equivalent for any other system
- ‘A’ Grade according to regional systems following ABC grading
- ‘Excellent’ (ممتاز) in Arab, Russian or any other region’s system following such grading system
- Bien in French and Francophone systems.
- 2nd Class Upper Honors in British system
- Shall be a citizen of an IDB member country; applicants from Muslim communities of non-member countries may be admitted
African Countries in the IDB: Guinea Bissau: Libya, Nigeria, Sudan, Togo, Uganda, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea , Mali , Mauritania , Morocco , Mozambique,Niger, Algeria,Benin, Sierra Leone, Cote dIvoire, Djibouti, Tunisia, Burkina Faso, Chad, Cameroon, Egypt,Somalia, Senegal
- Age not more than 32 years at the time of interviews. May be allowed to attend interviews if they are under the age requirement at the date of application.
- No working experience is required. However, experience shall be considered favourably
Applicants in the following categories shall be considered as Priority candidates subject to their meeting entry requirements:
a) Professionals with experience in a field directly related to the IDB Group’s activities particularly experience working in global organizations
b) Under-represented nationalities from IDB member countries
c) Master’s degree or its equivalent or Ph.D
d) Good command of Arabic or either English or French provided he/she is able to work in English.
- Two weeks Orientation at HRMD
- Three department rotations of 9 months duration each
- The objective of this stage is to develop/strengthen the foundation of YPs with required competencies, knowledge and skills needed in the IDB Group, so that they could succeed professionally
- YPs shall be confirmed in one of the departments subject to meeting requirements
- Assigned a 3 to 6 months graduation project
- YPs are expected to be in this stage between 1 year to 2 years before considered for graduation
- The integrated YPs shall be exposed to LeadDP (Leadership Development Program)
- YPs to be fully integrated with the IDB’s operations and culture
- HRMD shall ensure that the YP is ready for the professional role
- Direct placement on the grade of the position for which he/she was selected
- Successful YPs awarded Certificate of Graduation
- Basic Salary: Internationally competitive tax free salary based on education and experience of the YPs.
- COLA: Cost of living allowance as per the management’s decision.
- Transportation Allowance: Lump sum monthly payment besides basic salary.
- Spouse Allowance: 5% of basic salary if the spouse is not working.
- Housing Allowance: To a certain maximum limit.
- Children Education Allowance: 75% of the actual costs of education to a prescribed limit.
- Air Tickets: Granted for home leave
- Dependency Allowance: A maximum of 5 dependents.
- Medical Coverage: Medical treatment for staff members and their dependents
- Leave: 24 working days leave for new staff members during one year in addition to 10 days casual leave to attend emergencies. YPs are only allowed to consume a maximum of 10 days annual leave once in each rotation.
- Staff Retirement Plan: Co-contribution.
- Group Personnel Accident Insurance
- Medical Treatment Fund for Retirees: The IDB offers staff members the opportunity to participate in a medical treatment fund for retirement on a cost sharing basis.
- Relocation Travel
- Installation Allowance
- Relocation Shipment
- Car Financing
- Transcripts for Bachelor Degree with GPA scores clearly displayed
- Transcripts for Masters & PhD, with GPA scores where applicable
- Recent passport-sized photograph
For More Information: