Application Deadline: October 15th 2019
Iso Lomso fellowships provide an exceptional early career opportunity for Africa’s brightest minds in academia. Iso Lomso means ‘the eye of tomorrow’ in isiXhosa: seeing towards the future, laying the foundations for tomorrow. The third call for applications is now open.
Iso Lomso Fellows enjoy:
- a three-year attachment to STIAS during which time they may spend a total of ten months in residence at STIAS to develop and pursue a long-term research programme;
- the possibility of a residency at a sister institute for advanced study in North America, Europe or elsewhere;
- funding to attend up to two international conferences or training workshops anywhere in the world;
- possible support to convene a workshop with collaborators at STIAS;
- lecturer replacement subsidy for the fellow’s home institution during residency periods.
The programme is aimed at African scholars who have obtained a doctoral degree within the preceding seven years and who hold an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa. Candidates should have established a research programme and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD programme. All disciplines are considered.
Download the applications documents of the 2019 call here:
- Download the Iso Lomso Call for Applications 2019 (PDF)
- Download the Iso Lomso Application Form 2019 (MS Word format) or the Iso Lomso Application Form 2019 (Open Document format)
Ms Noloyiso Mtembu
Iso Lomso Coordinator
Tel. +27 21 808 2584 (Tuesdays to Thursdays only)
Email: [email protected]
For More Information: