Application Deadline: March 20th 2020
Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship (KIF) is a one-year non-partisan leadership training programme for young Nigerians between the age of 25-35 years. The one-year Fellowship aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade. Established in 2018, KIF is an initiative of the Kaduna State Government (KDSG).
The Fellowship is named after Sir Kashim Ibrahim, the first post-independence Governor of the Northern Region (1962-1966) who was known for his passion for education and selfless leadership which he demonstrated not only as Governor, but also as a Minister at various times.
The Fellowship’s objective is to develop and nurture leadership ability across Nigeria, with specific focus on the promising leaders of the future. It is our belief that this one-year programme would help establish a strong understanding of good governance in Fellows in addition to providing a structure that would help steer them towards active participation in and a commitment to public service and informed leadership in Nigeria.
Application for Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship is FREE and open to all Nigerians between the age of 25-35 years. It is strictly an online process and selection of Fellows is based entirely on merit.
- Applications submitted on the portal before the stated deadline are automatically filtered for plagiarism and grammar. Those who attain the minimum score required (cut-off score) and beyond, make it to the second round of assessments.
- In the second round, each application undergoes a preliminary strength of argument and further use of English assessment by independent editors and successful applications move to the third round of assessments.
- In this third level, each application is reviewed by two members of the Steering Committee. They are scored based on use of English, persuasiveness of argument, demonstration of leadership/public service qualities and strength of curriculum vitae (CV) and letters of recommendation. Applicants who meet the cut-off score and beyond are contacted and asked to make video submissions of themselves responding to questions asked.
- In stage four, the videos are reviewed by the Steering Committee with the best of them being selected for the consideration of the Governing Board.
- The Governing Board then does the final selection of the required number of Fellows who would form the next cohort of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship.
- The successful applicants are contacted by the KIF Secretariat and announced by the Governor at an unveiling ceremony.
- Age range 25-35 years (MAXIMUM AGE OF 35 WHEN THE FELLOWSHIP ENDS)
- Graduate from an accredited University
- Completed NYSC
A salary and benefits equivalent to that of Special Assistant to the Governor. Accommodation: Boarding (and breakfast) is provided in a nicely furnished one-bedroom apartment for the duration of the Fellowship.