Application Deadline: 18th November, 2016
Application for Admission to One-Year Training Programme in Modern and Sustainable Agriculture
The Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) is a charitable company of the A. G. Leventis Group dedicated to the training of farmers in modern and sustainable agricultural practices and rational use of natural resources.
The Foundation has been running agricultural training for youths and farmers since 1987 and currently has six schools in the different agro-ecological zones of Nigeria. The schools located in the FCT, Osun, Ondo, Kaduna, Kano and Gombe states are co-financed by Leventis Foundation and the respective State Governments. All the Schools offer training to young people (male and female) desirous of making a career in farming. The comprehensive one-year training exposes the participants to several areas of agriculture and other farm businesses.
The objective of the training, which is FREE OF ALL COSTS, is to create in Nigeria, generations of committed young practical farmers who will act as catalysts for agricultural revolution in their communities.
- Admission is open to both male and female candidates.
Applicants should fulfil the following conditions among others;;
(a) Be physically fit
(b) Ability to read and write in English (evidence of minimum of junior secondary school may be required)
(c) aged between 18 and 35 years
(d) Pass both written and oral test prior to final selection (e) Should demonstrate perceivable interest in agriculture
(f) Proof of a farming background is an advantage
- Tuition and boarding (including feeding) is provided free of charge for successful candidates throughout the duration of the course.
- In addition to the regular one-year training, all Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) schools offer a variety of vocational targeted short courses in several aspects of farming e.g. Poultry production, Vegetable production, Bee-keeping, honey production, Fish farming, Mushroom production etc.
- Application in applicants own hand writing including concrete information in respect of each of the above requirements together with a letter signed by the Chairman or Secretary of the candidates Local Government of Origin, or an attestation letter from a Justice of Peace (JP), two (2) recent passport size photographs, three (3) references and photocopies of academic qualification(s) or relevant documents should be forwarded to any of the addresses below, preferably, to the school of choice.
(1) Leventis Foundation/Osun State ,Agricultural Training School
Imo, P.M.B. 5074 Ilesa Osun State
(2) Leventis Foundation/Kano State, Agricultural Training School
Panda, Albasu Local Government P.M.B. 3555, Kano
(3) Leventis Foundation/Kaduna State Agricultural Training School DogonDawa,
BirniGwari LGA, P.M.B1047, Zaria, Kaduna State
(4)Leventis Foundation/Gombe State Agricultural Training School
Tumu, Akko Local Government Gombe State
(5) Leventis Foundation/FCTAgricultural Training School,Yaba, Abaji Area Council
P.M.B. 001, Abaji Abuja.
(6) The General Manager (Technical and Training) Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) Ltd/Gte
2, Leventis Close, Central Business District P. O. Box. 20351, Garki, Abuja, FCT.
Selection and Deadline:
- Application deadline is 18th November, 2016
- Screening/Examination comes up on Saturday 19th November, 2016
- For further enquiries, please contact Mrs Janet Egbe-Owoicho, Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) Ltd/Gte, Email:[email protected], Tel: 07085524233
For More Information: