Application Deadline: June 30th 2015
The Barclays Africa Pan African Graduate Development Programme aims to develop carefully selected, talented graduates from Africa to be the financial services sector leaders of the future.
On the programme for 12 to 18 months, you’ll be guided, moulded and trained – building up the skills and experience you’ll need to become a leader for the future. Every step of the way, our training and support will keep your development on track.
The programme spans almost every part of the business, from Retail and Business Banking to Human Resources and Financial Management. Explore the Business Areas for the full list. And rest assured – every route offers its own challenges, and its own unique opportunities
Barclays is one of the world’s biggest financial services providers. Barclays has 140 000 people across Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia, and our services range from personal banking and credit cards to investment management.
- To start with, you’ll need a postgraduate qualification (minimum NQF Level 8) in computer science, maths, statistics, finance, engineering, business science, informatics, law or risk management. Plus less than 24 months’ permanent work experience (excluding temporary work during your full-time studies).
- The Opportunity is in every country in which Barclays Africa operates – Botswana, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Every bit as important as academic achievements and practical experience, however, will be the personal qualities you bring. You must be eager to learn, happy to share your opinions, and focused clearly on what you want to achieve.
- You’ll start your career with us by spending 12 months as a Barclays Rising Eagle, laying the foundations for your future success. Don’t miss this outstanding opportunity to fast-track your career dreams. You’ll be guided and mentored by industry experts, building up the skills and experience you’ll need to become a true leader.
What to expect from the Graduate Programme and beyond:
- Development in leadership and self-management skills
- Development in client-centricity and related behavioural skills
- Development in technical job-related skills
- Specific product knowledge
- Access to a global network of connected, professional and highly innovative thinkers
- Exposure to the most up-to-date operating systems
- Exposure to our local and global markets, and to the financial industry as a whole.
- Applications for the 2016 intake are open until 30 June 2015.
- Barclays are looking for outstanding graduates who will have obtained a postgraduate qualification (before January 2016) in one of the following disciplines:
- Commerce Statistics
- Engineering Applied Mathematics
- Actuarial Science Financial Mathematics
- IT Accounting (CA and CIMA)
- Risk Management Investment Management
For More Information: