Application Deadline: July 24, 2022
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), through the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID), invites foreigners interested in studying in Mexico, at the specialty, master’s, doctorate levels and postgraduate research, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate student mobility programs, to participate in the “Call for Scholarships of Excellence of the Government of Mexico for Foreigners 2022“.
The Call is offered to more than 180 countries, within the framework of bilateral agreements, multilateral mechanisms and special agreements. More than 70 Mexican Higher Education Institutions (IES) participate in this Call and all have academic programs registered in the National Postgraduate System of the National Council of Science and Technology. These programs testify to the progress that the country has made in various areas of the sciences and humanities.
Through the granting of Scholarships of Excellence by the Government of Mexico for foreign students, Mexico strengthens its role as an actor with global responsibility and reaffirms its commitment to promoting cooperation actions to promote the formation of high-level human capital. The presence in Mexico of foreign students, academics and scientists, women and men, contributes to the construction of permanent and long-term bridges of dialogue that enrich the foreign policy agenda with actions of exceptional value for the country and for its foreign partners. . Likewise, HEIs and the Mexican academic community benefit from greater internationalization.
- Students having nationality from any one of the countries listed above are eligible to apply for scholarship.
- Applicants currently not living in Mexico.
- Bachelors, Master’s or Ph.D. Degrees as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
- The scholarships will be awarded on academic excellence.
- Be accepted, or currently enrolled in a program of the participating Mexican institutions in the Call.
- The academic excellence of the candidate in the intended area of study.
- The intended field of study or specialization in Mexico is related to the applicant’s academic and job history.
- The area of study is important to, and has a direct impact on the development of the applicant’s country.
- The program must relate to specific current or approved projects that have an impact on the development of the applicant’s country.
- Scholarship application form, duly completed and signed.
- Letter detailing the reasons that motivate you to carry out the studies or research in Mexico. (Maximum 2 pages, with letter Arial size 12 and single line spacing).
- Curriculum vitae. (Maximum 3 pages, with Arial font size 12 and single line spacing).
- Letter of academic acceptance from the Mexican institution recipient or response of the HEI to the application for admission (see Requirements section of the acceptance letter).
- Letter of commitment to return to the country of origin.
- Letter of acceptance of the terms of the Call.
- Copy of the birth certificate.
- Copy of the valid passport in color and in open book format or government-issued photo ID.
- Copy of the medical certificate issued by a public institution or private health, with a maximum of 3 (three) months prior to the presentation of the application, indicating that the Applicant is in good health.
- In those cases in which Spanish is not the mother tongue of the applicant, must submit a copy of proof of advanced knowledge of the Spanish language issued by any university or educational center for its accreditation, that guarantees a minimum level of B2, within the Common Framework European Reference.
- Letter in which the applicant states under protest to say truth, that the information provided is true.
- All documents and forms must be in Spanish or submitted with translations into Spanish.
How to Apply
- Apply Online at Academic Cooperation Management System (SIGCA): https://sigca.sre.gob.mx
- The registration of applications must be in Spanish.
- The SIGCA portal will remain open to receive applications in the period between June 20, from 6:00 pm and until 11:59 pm Central Mexico time on July 24, 2022. For this, it is necessary that the documentation be attached in accordance with the indications of the System and of the scholarship to which you aspire.
- The request is made in a personal capacity and only one person will be accepted. application and registration per person.
- The applicant who has more than one nationality may submit a single application, which must correspond to one of the eligible countries in this Call. Is must be presented according to the nationality with which it will be accredited the applicant.
- Only applications that apply for a scholarship will be evaluated is within the academic offer of this Announcement.
For More Information: