Application Deadline: June 29th 2018
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) is a continental think-tank that seeks to address the development challenges in Africa in a holistic and comprehensive manner. The mission for MINDS is to provide a forum for dialogue, information dissemination and networking, underpinned by rigorous research on different elements of “Africaness”, in order to inform and influence policy and practice on governance, economic development and the evolution of African institutions.
MINDS is seeking to appoint an Interim Programme Manager for a period of 10 months, based in Hyde Park, Johannesburg.
The person will lead in conceptualising, designing and implementig projects and activities under the four MINDS programmes on African Heritage Research, High Level Dialogues on Regional Economic Integration, Youth Programme on Elections and Governance, and the Scholarship Programme.
- Conceptualise and develop performance frameworks for the MINDS programmes;
- Develop and implement action plans for MINDS’ portfolio of projects under the different programmes;
- Oversee and coordinate commissioned research;
- Analyse research findings and develop advocacy strategies;
- Organise dialogues and workshops with relevant stakeholders;
- Establish synergies with relevant national, regional and international civil society organisations, governments, academics and multi-lateral bodies as necessary and relevant to MINDS’ work;
- Create, manage and regularly report on activities and budgets for the different programmes;
- Provide written and oral briefings, speeches, op-eds and other materials as required.
- Master’s degree qualification in any of the following disciplines: politics, law, development studies, pre-post-colonial African history, anthropology, sociology and related studies;
- Published authorship of academic articles on issues relevant to MINDS’ work;
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in advocacy related positions;
- Fundraising experience;
- High proficiency in written and oral English, with proficiency in French and/or Portuguese an added advantage;
- Proven track record in management positions;
- Familiarity with civil society organisations and/or government processes;
- Substantial project management experience.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with salary expectation to [email protected]
org stating ‘MINDS Interim PM’ in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MINDS reserves the right not to appoint anyone for this position.
For More Information:Visit the Official Webpage of the MINDS Call for CVs – Interim Programme Manager