Application Deadline: October 31st 2017
The goal of the scholarships offered at the Solution Space is to nurture a new generation of leaders, teaching them to see past “business as usual”. Through testing new models, these bold and visionary leaders will be equipped to shape Africa’s future for the better. The scholarships are aimed at supporting mid-career professionals and entrepreneurs who have shown a commitment to local development. These scholarships were created for African leaders for whom a post-graduate qualification is an integral part of their continued journey toward building a better world.
The scholars are known for their professional integrity, bold and visionary leadership, a spirit of innovation and inquisitiveness, active collaboration, entrepreneurial drive and track record of action. While scholars are distinct in their professional goals and ambitions and hail from all over Africa, they are united in their common goal: to have a significant impact in the world.
Scholarships are open to candidates applying to either the Masters in Business Administration or Masters of Philosophy in Inclusive Innovation at the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business.
To be considered for a MTN Scholarship:
1. Applicants must be a citizen from an African country and a Permanent Resident for at least 1 year.
2. Applicants should apply to pursue either the MBA or the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programme at the UCT GSB. Applicants will only be able to take up the MTN Scholarship if successfully admitted to the UCT GSB programme. For full details about the MBA programme or MPhil programme, criteria and how to apply to the business school click here
3. Financial Need Criteria Financial Need must be illustrated as follows:
* Full declaration of all details required must be recorded in the space provided on the Affidavit for the MTN Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town
* Details of all property and assets of any nature must be declared on the Affidavit provided.
* UCT reserves the right to request that applicants furnish evidence of answers/statements on the application form. If it is found that the provided information is false or untrue, the University further reserves the right to disqualify an application and/or to cancel and recover any scholarship funds that may have been paid out to an awardee.
- BenefitsAn MTN Scholarship is awarded for one or maximum of two years and covers the full cost of tuition and registration fees at UCT GSB, as set by the business school.
- The Scholars can also apply for several types of funding on a discretionary basis. For example an economy-class travel allowance for Scholars travelling from their home country to the business school at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme, a stipend, or to attend additional conferences or workshops, or conduct fieldwork and pilots.SCHOLAR CHARACTERISTICS
MTN Scholars are known for their professional integrity, bold and visionary leadership, a spirit of innovation and inquisitiveness, active collaboration, entrepreneurial drive and track record of action.
What this means to us is:
* Integrity Be honest | Deliver on promises | Do what is right | Be truthful to others and yourself | Be trustworthy and reliable
* Leadership Lead by example | Be an inspiration | Provide vision | Be accountable, take ownership | Be dependable
* Innovation Be creative, create new ideas | Do things differently | Be original | Focus on solutions | Think outside the box
* Relationships Work together, cooperate | Share ideas through teamwork | Be caring and friendly | Show respect | Communicate
* Can do Be positive | Believe in yourself | Show willingness | Endure and have courage | Believe it can be done
* Entrepreneurial spirit Create value | Deliver excellence | Exploit opportunities | Be adaptable | Plan for growthHOW TO APPLY
It is not possible to apply for a MTN Scholarship without applying to the business school.
Applicants must first be eligible and apply for the academic programme at the UCT GSB (via the Admissions Office). For full details about the MBA programme or MPhil Inclusive Innovation programme, criteria and how to apply to the business school click here.
1. Applicants must submit the MTN Scholarship Application online form together with their UCT application number received from the UCT GSB Admissions Office. Required supporting documents include a CV and completed Affidavit.
2. Applicants are then notified if they are selected for an interview.
3. The final decision and award of the MTN Scholarship will be made by a Scholarship selection panel, following which applicants will be informed by mid December 2015. Applicants will only be able to take up the MTN Scholarship if successfully admitted to the UCT GSB programme.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they submit all documents required so they can be considered for both admission and a MTN Scholarship.
Key dates for the application process are given below.
|Applications open||May 2017|
|Application deadline||31 October 2017|
|Scholarship shortlisting||November 2017|
|Shortlisted applicants invited for interview||Mid November 2017|
|Interviews||Late November 2017|
|Scholarships offered||Early December 2017|
We advise that you begin your application as early as possible and do not wait until the deadline. Applications should be submitted by midnight on the evening of 31 October 2017.
Once your application has been received, a shortlisting committee will evaluate your application using our selection criteria for the Scholarship, to produce a final interview list.
For More Information: