Application Deadline: December 15th, 2016
- Reference: Fellowship
- Location: Africa, Asia, the Pacific and the Caribbean
- Type of contract : Fixed term (two years)
- Department: n/a
- Programme: n/a
- Salary: £21,000 p.a
The ODI Fellowship Scheme is now open for applications. The Scheme places young and highly motivated economists and statisticians in public sector posts in developing country governments on two-year contracts. The two streams we are recruiting for are Economics and Statistics. Applicants can apply for either of these streams provided they are suitably qualified.
ODI Fellows work as local civil servants reporting to local managers. Fellows work in a range of institutions from finance and planning ministries to ministries of health and education, as well as central banks, statistics offices, and regulatory bodies. The scheme currently has over 120 Fellows in 32 countries, mostly low-income or high poverty countries.
- ODI are looking for candidates with excellent academic qualifications, a sound grasp of applying economic theory to real world problems, an ability to communicate economic ideas to non-specialists, and a willingness to integrate into what are often very different cultural and bureaucratic environments.
- A master’s degree in economics, statistics or related discipline is required.
The scheme is open to candidates of all nationalities.
- In total, Fellows receive a salary of £21,000 a year (increasing to £23,000 in the second year), plus housing allowance.
- Please note that the application process will close on December 15th, 2016, and applications must be submitted by 23:59 (GMT) to be considered.
- If you are experiencing problems with your application, please contact the Fellowship office on [email protected]
For More Information: