Application Deadline: 31st January 2017
The 2017 Pan-African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards are now open.
Sponsored by Continental Reinsurance, the awards recognise the outstanding work of journalists from across the continent. Successful candidates have to demonstrate how their articles have raised awareness and understanding of the re/insurance sector in Africa.
The awards are an extension of Continental Reinsurance’s continued commitment to the advancement of excellence in the industry. The Pan-African Re/Insurance Awards were launched in April 2015.
- Submission can be either a published article or a broadcasted radio/television clip in English or French.
- The review period is the 12 months leading up to the submission deadline date. Entrants have to be based in an African country.
- Pan-African Re/Insurance Journalist of the Year
- Best Re/Insurance Industry Analysis and Commentary
- Best Re/Insurance Industry Feature Article
An international judging panel comprising industry experts and academics in journalism will review and select the winner entries.
The judging panel will evaluate all submitted material according to the quality of information and how it contributes to raising awareness of the insurance and reinsurance sector in Africa.
Winners will be announced during an awards ceremony in April 2017. Date and venue to be announced.
Email your submissions in English or French by 31st January 2017 to:
Contributions have to be sent together with the following information:
A 250-words motivation note explaining the reason for creating the article/clip.
Include your name, media organisation, the publishing/broadcasting date, a brief profile and a photo.
Your submission should specify the award categories that you are entering for.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Pan-African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards 2017