Registration Deadline: May 5 2013
Storytelling for Change is a 4-week course that will help you better connect with your audience, whether in a meeting with one person or in a presentation to hundreds of people. To make this course widely accessible, it is free.
What you’ll Learn
By the end of this 4-module course, you will better be able to:
- Tell personal stories that help you to connect with others in order to inspire change
- Use a set of specific storytelling skills to tell powerful stories
- Understand and demonstrate the four dimensions of The Ariel Group’s Leadership PRESence model in telling stories
- Appreciate the importance of how you present yourself and connect with others (i.e. your “presence”) in leading change initiatives
How the Course Works:
There are no in-person teachers or facilitators for this course. You will work through the course with a group of classmates we call your “lab group”. You must find your lab group before you sign up for the course.
Course content will consist of readings, online videos and discussions/activities. Each week, you will receive an email with the materials for the upcoming lab. The materials will consist of two things:
- Lab prep (1-2 hours): To be completed before your lab group meets
- Lab guide (typically 2 hours): To be completed together with the rest of your lab group when you meet. Upon completing each lab, the lab group leader for the week will be asked to fill out a simple feedback form to share the group’s progress.
Each week you will also be encouraged to practice your new storytelling skills and make sure you are able to transfer your knowledge into action.
Registration Deadline: May 5, 2013
Start Date: May 11, 2013
End Date: June 14, 2013
Register your group by May 5th, 2013 to be eligible for the course.
Find a Group
You must register with a minimum of 2 people.
Find an existing group or start a new one in your city!
Please contact Jo-Ann Tan at [email protected].