Application Deadline: 17th January 2016.
ROTA’s 8th Annual Youth Conference on Personal Leadership, Service Learning and Global Citizenship”.
Dates: 17th to 19th March 2016
Venue: Hamad Bin Khalifa University – Student Center in Qatar Foundation
EMPOWER 2016 The three days event includes a combination of seminar panel discussion, keynote speeches, small group workshops, seminars, off-site activities, exhibition and youth artistic expression.
Since 2009, EMPOWER has developed a reputation for being the first youth led conference to focus on equipping young people in Qatar to take active roles in building their communities and having a voice on global issues.
Every year the conference intends to create a platform for a larger number of students to learn and engage in ROTA’s youth development program in Qatar. After the success of previous EMPOWERs, we opened the conference to the Region and youth from international countries. The conference addresses a variety of issues related Sustainable Development and will focus this year on youth development for peaceful societies.
ROTA’s core strategy for promoting youth development in Qatar is to develop a network of youth service clubs within schools and universities throughout Qatar that are geared towards equipping and enabling young people as responsible global citizens and empowered young leaders. The Youth Conference, the RYSC leadership Training and the newly developed ROTA Youth Advisory Board are supplementary initiatives that support the RYSC program.
The program will aim to attract up to 450 young people between the ages of 17-30 including international participants. The main aim of the 3 days conference is to raise awareness and knowledge as well as build the capacities required to enable young people to take leadership roles in addressing local and international developmental issues of concern to them especially in the area Peaceful Societies, as the theme for this year’s EMPOWER conference.
Power speech and Keynote speeches are intended to inspire, inform and mobilize our young delegates to act on the three learning themes of the conference. Panel discussion will be a platform to inform participants about the EMPOWER theme of that year. The workshops are aimed to be an interactive and discursive exchange between the participants and the facilitator. Seminar aims to provide participants with tools to run their projects and campaigns.
The Conference Objectives are to:
- Promote better understanding of youth leadership, service learning and greater awareness of global issues among 400 youth between the ages of 17-30 in Qatar and the region.
- Provide opportunities for 450 youth to develop their skills, knowledge and attitudes to take on leadership roles which support ROTA strategies.
- Create a platform for 450 youth to discover their voice and realize their ability to make a positive contribution in society to support Qatar 2030 on youth development.
- Facilitate a forum for exchange of ideas, projects and reflections that address local needs and global issues.
- Awareness creation on the EMPOWER theme.
- The Online Registration form will be open for International participants starting from the 6th January 2016– 17th January 2016.
- Few selected International participants will be provided full sponsorship and others semi sponsorship based on their regional status and application evaluation.
- A maximum of 70 seats will be provided to International participants for this event.
- After the screening of the applications the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via e-mail to submit an essay as part of the final evaluation process.
- Announcement of selected International participants will start from 25th of January 2016 onwards.
- Approved international participants will be requested via e-mail to apply and complete an online registration form for the workshops and off site visits in order to complete their registration process after the first week of February 2016.
- All selected participants will be required to sign a Code of Conduct in order to issue their visa applications which must be complete in clear hand writing and returned via e-mail on a specific date that will be communicated to all selected participant via e-mail. Original copy of the Code of Conduct must be submitted by hand on the first day of the conference to the registration team.
- Further information will be provided to all participants via e-mail after the 2nd of February 2016 and with the completion of phase one of the registration process about the accommodation, event participation guidelines and other important information.
- Failure to complete and provide any of the required information will prevent the candidate’s chance in attending this conference.
- Please include write your full name as mentioned in the Passport/ID.
- For Visa applications please makesure your passport has more than 6 months validity and include a clear copy of the passport required pages and photo.
- Please note that the Name will be written on the Participation Certificate based on this application form with no amendments to be done afterwards.
- Participation Certificates shall be granted by the end of day 3 at the registration desk after the closing ceremony with the confirmation of full attendance of all sessions and the completion of all required surveys only.
- No Certificates will be provided afterwards if the participants failed to receive it by the end of the event.
- The unsuccessful applications shall receive an automated reply one week prior to the event, wishing them a better opportunity in attending next year’s edition.
For More Information: