Application Deadline: Nov 12, 2016
Eco-generation of Samsung Engineering would like to offer opportunities to the young students to participate in the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp which will be held in Seoul, South Korea by sponsoring the respective winners around the world to explore the environmental awareness activities.
Respective winners of the countries will be given the opportunities to participate in the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp which program includes specialist lecture, laboratory demonstrations and experiments, hands-on project, presentation competition and a variety of other activities in order to advance their awareness on the role and commitment to energy efficiency, energy conservation, and mitigating energy-related impacts on the environment. The trip to the 2017 Global Eco-Leader Camp will be in February, 2017 for 6 days and be fully sponsored by Samsung Engineering.
- To raise awareness among youth within the community towards conservation of the environment and energy efficiency
- To grow future eco-leaders by enhancing global leadership resulting from participating a variety of activities throughout the Camp
- To fulfill the social responsibility through educating the future generation
- Organizer :Eco-generation, CSR initiative of Samsung Engineering
- Host and Sponsor :Samsung Engineering
- Participants: Eco-generation members around the world aged between 13 and 16
- Facilitator:Eco-generation member aged 18 or older
- Roles and Responsibilities
– One shall represent the country they’re from during the Camp.
– One shall actively join the programs and group projects.
– One shall follow the instructions of the facilitator and staffs of the Summit for safety.
– One shall post the experiences in the GYELS after returning back to their country within 3 weeks.
– Planning / Organizing / Executing the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Program in close cooperation with Eco-generation team
– Coaching and Mentoring for the participants of 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp
– One shall post the experiences in the Global Eco-Leaders Camp after returning back to their country within 3 weeks.
Participants Selection Plan
|Country||Judging Criteria||Number of Participants||Number of Facilitators||Local Organizer|
|Thailand||Video, Presentation||2~4||1||St. Gabriel’s Foundation, Samsung Engineering Thailand|
|India||Essay, CV||2~4||1||Samsung Engineering India|
|UAE||Essay, CV||2||1||Samsung Engineering UAE|
|Saudi Arabia||Essay, CV||2||1||Samsung Engineering Saudi Arabia|
|Mexico||Essay, CV||2||1||Grupo Samsung Ingenieria Mexico|
|South Korea||Essay, CV||20||–||Eco-generation HQ|
|Worldwide||Essay, CV||4~12||1||Eco-generation HQ|
|Total||–||40||6||* Online points can be considered|
※ Selection details can be changed.
- Trip to Korea will last for 5 days in February, 2017. All flights and accommodation will be covered with meal allowances also provided. Economy class flight tickets will be offered. Two delegates shall share one twin room upon genders. English speaking skill is mandatory to participate in the program. Parents of the participants cannot accompany the trip to South Korea because Chaperones from respective Samsung Engineering Offices or partner organization shall accompany the trip from each country.
- We do NOT support fees for visa and local transportations. Participants must pay their own visa fees to South Korea and should be in the airport of the capital city on the day of departure.Invitation letter for the visa procedure will be provided by the secretariat.
- Only the worldwide participants can accompany ONE chaperone under the condition to bear their own flight expense. Rest of the cost for the worldwide chaperones shall be burden by Samsung Engineering. If a chaperon cannot accompany, the secretariat will provide Unaccompanied Minors Service by the airlines.
- We recommend you to get travel insurance in your country before departure.
|2016||October||Launching competition details via website||Poster and letter|
|Early Nov||Closing application system
– Thailand : Nov 4, 2016
– Worldwide : Nov 12, 2016
|Early Nov||Short-listing top 100||by Eco-generation HQ|
|Mid Nov||Short-listing top 22||by University Professors|
|Mid November||Finalists English interview /
phone interview/ presentation contest
|Content may vary|
|Late November||Result announcement||via Tunza Eco-generation|
|Mid December||Awarding ceremony (Thailand only )||Details will be informed to the winners|
|2017||February||2016 Global Eco-Leaders Camp||Seoul, South Korea|
※ Detailed schedule may be varied depending on each country and overseas office.
- How to apply
- Visit Application link to check the selection details : Home>E-gen Event>Monthly Event>No. 92
- Write an essay on “How can we motivate people to conserve energy?” in the Content column of the application form. (600 -800 words)
- Attach your CV in the attachment column.
- Press Submit button on the bottom.
- To confirm your application, please visit Home > E-gen Event > Monthly Event
- Visit this link for more details: Thailand : Home>E-gen Event>Monthly Event>No. 91
- Application deadline: Nov 12, 2016 (Worldwide), Nov 4, 2016 (Thailand)
For more details, please contact us at [email protected]
For More Information: