Deadline: Entries close 5pm (AEST) Monday 30 September 2013.
Now in it’s sixth year, the savewater!® photography competition calls both aspiring and professional photographers to get snapping and capture the value of water in an image.
The savewater!® photographic competition began in 2008 and was released onto the international stage in 2010. It is designed to recognise creative talent by capturing imagery that depicts the value of water as the key focus.
Entries are judged on portrayal of the theme ‘Celebrating the value of water’ as well as photographic quality, including composition, creativity and artistic quality, visual impact and technical competence.
- Entry is open to all schools and individuals.
- Photographs must have been taken by the entrant listed on the registration form.
- Photographs must be submitted in JPEG or TIF format.
- Photographs must be uploaded onto savewater.com.au. No hardcopy photographs will be accepted.
- Entrants are allowed to submit a maximum of three (3) photographs, with each photograph only permitted to be entered once and in one category only.
Categories and prizes
There are three categories of entry with great prizes on offer, plus a People’s Choice award for 2013.
There are three categories of entry, :
- Adult. Winner: 15-inch 2.3GHz MacBook Pro valued at $2,000. Runner-up: Adobe Lightroom valued at $200.
- Junior student (13 to 17 years of age). Winner: NIKON D5200 digital SLR camera with 18-55mm lens kit valued at $999. Runner-up: Adobe Lightroom valued at $200.
- Junior student (up to 12 years of age). Winner: Canon PowerShot A4000 IS digital camera valued at $150. Runner-up: iPod shuffle valued at $55.
- People’s choice. Winner: iPad mini valued at $370. Runner up: iTunes voucher valued at $50.