Application Deadline: January 29, 2020
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to support 126 talented African students through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to become changemakers in their home countries.
Over six years (2017 – 2022), the Scholars Program will fund:
- 20 scholarships to complete the Sciences Po Bachelor of Arts programme, Africa specialisation
- 46 scholarships to complete a Master’s programme at one of our seven graduate schools
- 60 scholarships reserved for Mastercard Foundation Scholars studying at other partner universities and who would like to attend Sciences Po Summer School.
- The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
- The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelor’s degree, two years for the Master’s degree and one month for the Summer School.
The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelor’s degree, two years for the Master’s degree and one month for the Summer School. They cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study period.
As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment:
- An orientation programme and individualised academic advising throughout their studies at Sciences Po
- A mentor programme offered in collaboration with the Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni
- Career guidance and support: an online job platform dedicated to professional opportunities in Africa (internships and first jobs), access to our business incubator and the network of employers and alumni working in Africa, and specific career workshops.
How to Apply
Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year are awarded in collaboration with a network of partner institutions accepting the terms and conditions of the nomination framework.
More information on the application and selection process and dates:
Application deadlines for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships are:
- Bachelor: January 29, 2020
- Master: December 5, 2019
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020/2021
[…] Le programme Mastercard Foundation Scholars à Sciences Po vise à soutenir 126 étudiants africains talentueux à travers leurs études et d’offrir à la prochaine génération de leaders une éducation de classe mondiale en sciences sociales, afin qu’ils puissent continuer à devenir acteurs du changement dans leur pays d’origine. […]