Application Deadline: Varying by Course
Singapore and ICAO jointly established a Developing Countries Training Programme (DCTP) in 2001 which is sponsored by the Singapore Government and administered by the ICAO Technical Cooperation Bureau for specialised training programmes conducted by the Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA).
The programme which has been awarding fellowships for training at SAA since 2001 was further extended and expanded in 2004, 2007, 2010 and 2013. In 2013, a new Aviation Leaders Scholarship for Diploma in Civil Aviation Management was introduced. In response to overwhelming and continued demand, the fellowship and scholarship programme has been extended for another three years from 2016 to 2019, and expanded to provide 300 fellowships and 10 scholarships. Since 2001, 1,036 fellowships and 14 scholarships have been taken up under the DCTP.
- The Government of Singapore will bear the training fees, daily allowance of sixty Singapore Dollars (S$60) and hotel accommodation for participants accepted for the programmes.
- Complimentary breakfast will be provided at the hotel and lunch at SAA during training days.
- Travel arrangements are to be made and costs borne by the nominating Governments.
- Hotel accommodation will be provided for the training duration, i.e. one day before course commencement (after 2pm) and one day after the course (till 12 noon). Daily allowance will be limited to the training duration, i.e. from the start of the course up to the last day of the course.
- Expenses to be incurred for stay beyond this duration will not be covered. Participants are advised to secure their own overseas travel insurance to cover themselves for the period of the training in Singapore.
- The fellowships are intended for participants nominated by their respective Governments.
- Nominating Governments should preferably nominate not more than 2 candidates for each course and indicate which candidate should take priority if more than one candidate is nominated.
- Applications should be submitted online at www.saa.com.sg/fellowships by the stated closing dates. Before proceeding with the online application, Nominating Governments should complete and endorse the attached Nomination Form (also available online) as part of the application process.
For More Information: