Application Deadline: September 15th 2015
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is a Chevening partner. This year Open Society Foundations (OSF) is co-sponsoring a number of these Chevening Partnership Scholarships for applicants who wish to study at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Chevening-OSF-LSHTM are offering up to 10 co-funded Partnership Scholarships for 2016-17. These particular scholarships are being offered in addition to the general scheme (Main Award) Chevening Scholarships. The top ten successful candidates will be offered a Partnership Scholarship and all other successful candidates will receive a Chevening Scholarship through the main award programme.
- Chevening-OSF-LSHTM Partnership Scholarships cover full tuition fees for your chosen course at LSHTM (country fee caps do not apply) and the same allowance and stipend package as a standard general scheme Chevening Award.
- As a Chevening-OSF-LSHTM Partnership Scholarship recipient, you will stand to benefit from an expanding suite of unique networking and engagement opportunities offered by Chevening Partners.
- In addition, applying for a Partnership Scholarship will increase your chances of being considered for a general scheme Chevening Scholarship at LSHTM.
- Scholarships are available for one-year taught Masters degree offered at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. The eligible courses are limited to LSHTM London-based courses (not distance learning) and to courses administered by LSHTM (not MSc Global Mental Health, MSc One Health, or MSc Veterinary Epidemiology).
- Under the Chevening-OSF-LSHTM Partnership agreement applicants can choose any London-based course of study but priority will be given to applicants whose course of study will include a focus on human rights, post-conflict studies, sustainable development, community development, public health and/or health policy.
The Partnership Scholarships are available to citizens from the following countries:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Republic of Congo
- South Sudan
How to Apply:
To apply, applicants should read the guidelines and requirements for each partner and then
- submit a complete Open Society Foundations Civil Society Leadership Awards application form to OSF by 15 September 2015;
- submit a complete Chevening Scholarships application online by 3 November 2015, selecting LSHTM as your first preference; and
- submit a complete LSHTM study application for their chosen course/s. The online application system will be open for 2016-17 applications from November 2015 onwards. The School strongly suggests that applicants submit a course application as soon as possible, and definitely by 31 December 2015
For More Information: