Application Deadline: 28th of February 2016.
Five Leading Change Journalism Bursaries will be awarded to one young person aged 18-30 in each Commonwealth region, who is keen to develop their journalism skills and experience while building a portfolio.
Up for grabs in 2016 is up to £900 for each of five Commonwealth regions; Africa, Asia, Canada and Europe, Caribbean and Americas and Pacific.
To be considered for the bursary, tell us how you would use the money to create content for Leading Change – whether it’s written articles, photo-journalism, radio or video content. You can send your pitch in any format – from a Word doc to a short video.
It may help to bear in mind the following questions when you pitch:
- What are the stories you’d like to cover?
- Who are the people you’d like to feature?
- Which places are you reporting from – and how will you give a sense of those places to people who’ve never been there?
- How many stories can you produce, in what format and at what intervals between March and December 2016?
- Why would these stories be interesting to young leaders in the Commonwealth?
- What could people learn from these stories? And how might they inspire their audience?
- What is the total bursary amount you are applying for and the breakdown of use?
Send your pitch in an email with the subject ‘Leading Change Journalism Bursary’ to [email protected].
For More Information: