Application Deadline: 31st March 2017
Coimbra Group Universities have been providing, since 2008, young researchers from universities in Sub-Saharan Africa with the opportunity to spend a short period (1 to 3 months) at a Coimbra Group University to carry out part of their research there.
Universities of the Coimbra Group offer short-term visits (generally 1 to maximum 3 months) to young African researchers from higher education institutions from Sub-Saharan Africa. The main aim of this scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them to establish academic and research contacts. The scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in this programme, while the Coimbra Group Office is in charge of the administrative management of the applications.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2017 edition of the scheme:
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- Eötvös Loránd University Budapest (Hungary)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Graz (Austria)
- University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
- Jagiellonian University of Krakow (Poland)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Pavia (Italy
- University of Poitiers (France
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
Applicants should be:
- under the age of 45
- nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa
- current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa
- of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status.
A limited number of grants are available for technical/administrative staff from African universities (please see the requirements of each individual university).
In most universities the language of instruction is that of the country itself, but in most universities it is possible to use English as the working language.
- Online application form: www.coimbra-group.eu/activities/scholarships
- Applicants must fill in the on-line application form before 31 March 2017.
- Candidates will be able to select one university only. Multiple applications will not be considered valid.
- Applicants should identify a research supervisor in the host university and provide his/her contact details in the application form. Applicants are expected to take contact with their research supervisor at the university of their choice and submit a letter/e-mail of acceptance together with their application form which proves that the candidate has been accepted to carry out research under his/her supervision.
- Applications which do not fulfil this requirement will not be considered.
- Information should be submitted in English.
- Applicants will receive a confirmation message from the Coimbra Group Office within 2 weeks following the submission of their application.
- If you do not receive this confirmation message, you must notify our office by sending an email to Cristina Tanase email@example.com no later than one week following the deadline of 31 March.
For More Information: