Application Deadline: 28 February 2017
The SA Navy is offering young South African citizens an excellent opportunity
to serve in uniform over a two-year period. The Military Skills Development
System (MSDS) is a two-year voluntary service system with the aim of
equipping and developing young South Africans with the necessary skills in
order to compete in the open market.
Young recruits are required to sign up for a period of two-years, during which they will receive Military Training and further Functional Training.
All applicants must comply with the following
- South African Citizen (Relinquish any other citizenship).
- Have no record of criminal offences.
- Not be area bound.
- Preferably single
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointments in the SANDF.
- Be free from physical disabilities and not suffer from claustrophobia or a fear of heights.
Minimum Requirements for Applicants with Matric only:
- Combat applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12
with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 3 for both subjects.
- Engineering and Technical applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have
completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least
Level 3 for both subjects
Requirements for Graduates:
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 must have a completed Grade 12 with a Degree, National Diploma or N6 with Trade Test Certificate in Mechanical, Marine or Electrical Engineering.
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 must have completed
- Grade 12 with a Degree or National Diploma in Human Resource or Logistics.
THIS APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE FOLLOWING
1. Copy of ID
2. Copy of Matric Certificate
3. A Short CV
4. Highest achieved qualification (e.g. Degree, National Diploma or N6 with Trade Test)
ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS
- Admission Enquiries can be directed to: SA Navy Recruitment Centre at (012)
- If interested in the MSDS in the SA Navy, kindly complete the
application form with the requested documents & post to:
Department of Defence, SA Navy Headquarters (Recruitment Centre)
Private Bag X104, Pretoria, 0001
- Closing Date: 28 February 2017
- Should you not receive a response by 31 October 2017, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
For More Information: