Application Deadline: 1 June 2017
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
- Open for application by all international students
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of PhD studies, which can support you comfortably. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination.
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies.
- One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500
Estimated cost of living in Singapore
|Items||Per Student Per Month (SGD)|
– University Canteens
– Meals outside Campus
|250 – 350
450 – 600
|Accommodation (based on single room)
– On Campus1
– Off Campus
|400 – 700
600 – 1000
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 – 150|
|Other Expenses (stationery, toiletries, laundry, recreation, etc)||400 – 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 – 2,000|
1Priority for on campus accommodation is usually given to first year students.
- Softcopies of the following supporting documents must be uploaded during your online application:
- Identity card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo in JPEG/PNG format
- Bachelor’s Academic Transcripts (in English translation)
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate / Scroll (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred
- Master’s Academic Transcripts, if any (in English translation)
- Master’s Degree Certificate / Scroll, if any (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees)
Not compulsory but good to include (if available):
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2018
Seeking for scholarships for less income people
The link to the above advertised is not opening
THE LINK ABOVE IS NOT OPENING, KINDLY ASSIST
I am a Cameroonian and there is no Singapore office in my country. How can I send my documents?
Iam a zimbabwean I wish to do a PHD degree advise me
Hello am Ethiopia want to study PhD In Environmental Engineering, Can I apply?