Application Deadline: October 30th 2015
- Do you have a dream of where you want to be? Are you focused on the end goal? Is further study an essential part of that dream and end goal?
- The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) could be the vehicle for your career-success.
- SANSA invites prospective students to apply for its bursaries for study in the 2015 as well as 2016 academic year.
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Technology (DST). SANSA is looking for individuals who are achievement driven, passionate and distinctive by thinking and ready to accept new and greater challenges.
The SANSA bursary programme offers opportunities for students studying in a Space related field.
Specific Areas for which opportunities for students are available include but are not limited to:
- Aeronautical Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Aerospace Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Climate Change (PhD/post-doctoral)
- Earth Systems Sciences with Remote Sensing (Hons/MSc/PhD)
- Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Geomagnetically-induced currents to help mitigate against power failures (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhD/post-doctoral)
- Ionospheric structure and dynamics to improve satellite navigation (Hons, MSc or PhD)
- Physics of Antarctic space weather (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhD)
- Mechanical Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Remote Sensing (Hons/MSc/PhD)
- Software Engineering/ Computer Science/ Information Systems (Hons/MSc/PhD)
- Software Systems Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Space Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Space Weather models for aviation and military communications (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhD)
- Systems Engineering (MTech/MSc/MEng/DTech/PhD)
- Antenna and RF system Engineering
- Student should have obtained an aggregate of 65% from previous degree
- Be a South African citizen (preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals)
- Planning to enrol for Honours, Masters and DTech / PhD
- Meet the minimum entry level requirements for acceptance to a South African University at the level for which the bursary is required.
- Identify the general research area of their interest (specific projects will be tailored to each student)
Upload supporting documents:
- Certified copy of your June results or progress report of all subjects (if no examinations were written) and project titles are compulsory for the application.
- Certified copy of your South African ID or other form of identification.
- Research proposal if MSc or PhD application (This does not have to be already approved by a University).
Rules for uploading supporting documents:
Please ensure your documents are in an electronic format (as stipulated below) before starting the application process.
- Files cannot be larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only the following file types are allowed: pdf (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), doc (Word document file) or tif (image file).
How to Apply:
- It is necessary to be a registered user before the bursary application form can be accessed. From the “Bursaries” menu, select “Login / Register“.
- As a first time user, click on “Don’t have an account” and continue to register.
- A returning applicant can login to proceed to the application form.
For Enquiries: email@example.com
For More Information: