Application Deadline: Sunday 29 April 2018, 12:00 pm CET.
The Nature Travel Grant Scheme offers journalists and members of media organisations from around the world the opportunity to attend ESOF for free. The grant offers complimentary registration as well as help covering travel and accommodation costs.
Created by EuroScience, the biennial ESOF – EuroScience Open Forum – meeting is the largest pan-European general science conference dedicated to scientific research and innovation. At ESOF meetings leading scientists, researchers, journalists, business people, policy makers and the general public from all over the world discuss new discoveries and debate the direction that research is taking in the sciences, humanities and social sciences.
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services, including the journal Nature. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media. Nature Publishing Group has supported ESOF since its very first meeting in 2004.
- All journalists irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, place of residence and media type (paper, radio, TV, web) are welcome to apply. Media accreditation will be required.
- In addition to free registration, the Nature Travel Grant Scheme offers a lump sum of £400 for journalists based in Europe and £800 for journalists based outside of Europe, to help cover the costs of travel and accommodation to attend ESOF 2018.
- Please note that limited university accommodation (rooms and studios) is available for booking, on a first come, first served basis.
The selection of candidates will be based on:
- the applicant’s CV;
- motivation statement to be involved in the Nature Travel Grant Scheme for ESOF 2018; and
- impact of the proposed publication
with equal weighting.
An email of decision will be sent in Tuesday 29 May 2018 to all candidates stating whether or not their application has been selected.
- To submit an application sign into the EuroScience Conference and Membership Platform (ESCMP) and click on “Apply for a Grant”. Follow the application procedure.
- On submitting the application form for travel grants, you agree to the full acceptance of the rules and to the decision taken by the Selection Committee.
- The deadline for submitting an application is Sunday 29 April 2018, 12:00 pm CET.
Find out more about ESOF 2018 conference on ESOF website.
For More Information: