Are you a feminist storyteller? Do you believe in the power of stories reaching millions? Are you a budding writer, artist or videographer? Then this fellowship opportunity is just the right thing for you!
This fellowship is meant for young storytellers who have a passion for and commitment to telling powerful and transformative stories about young feminist activism and the creative ways in which youth organizing is happening all over the world. The fellowship is an opportunity to gain insight into global feminist issues, receive guidance and feedback from experienced feminist journalists and an opportunity for the writers to have their stories published in a publication that has worldwide readership.
Founded in 2010, FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is the only youth-led fund focused exclusively on supporting young feminist activism to advance social justice movements and agendas across the globe. We believe in the collective power, expertise, and innovation of young feminist organizers to address root causes and structures of inequality in order to create lasting change in their communities. One of FRIDA’s chief goals is to amplify and strengthen young feminist organizing.
You are eligible to apply for this fellowship if you meet the following criteria:
● You are a young feminist (between the age of 18 and 30) with proven interest or activism in gender based issues in their local, national or in international contexts.
● You are a budding writer, publisher, visual artist or videographer.
● You will have some proven experience and have some sample pieces of your previous work to demonstrate it.
● You may be based anywhere in the world, but should be from a Global South country (i.e. not Western Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand) and willing to travel in the pursuit of the story. Previous experience in journalism, writing, blogging, sketching, designing is welcome, but not compulsory.
● You are proficient in the English language as the writing/designing will be done in English only. (We hope in the future we could offer in a different language). Knowledge of a second language is desirable, but not essential.
● Fellows belonging to marginalized identities–trans*, intersex individuals, gender non conforming, young people of color and people with disabilities–are particularly encouraged to apply.
Send us an email at email@example.com with the Subject Line: “Application for Young Feminist Media Fellowship” that includes the following:
● A cover letter explaining your passion and commitment towards storytelling, and why you think you would be an ideal fellow.
● At least 2-3 samples that demonstrates your writing, designing, artistry and/or videography
Please send your applications latest by April 22, 2018. We thank all who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For More Information: