Application Deadline: 15 November 2017 (late applications will be considered until all positions are filled)
The African Institute of Financial Markets and Risk Management (AIFMRM) in the Faculty of Commerce at the University of Cape Town is a post graduate institute committed to increasing the extent and depth of expertise in the African financial service industry. The institute conducts rigorous scholarly research and takes a critical and quantitative approach to the study of financial markets, risk management, and financial innovation.
- AIFMRM is inviting applications for PhD Student Fellowships and appointments are for as soon as is feasible.
- The tenure of the fellowship is for three years. AIFMRM are looking for enthusiastic PhD students with a Master’s degree in economics, finance, computer science, statistics, financial mathematics, or closely related fields.
- AIFMRM offer a three-year, fully funded fellowship of R190 000 per annum.
- Research support is available, e.g. for conference travel and publication costs.
- AIFMRM encourage and actively support PhD Students to undertake internships either in the financial industry or with regulatory authorities and central banks during their PhD.
- AIFMRM has an extensive set of collaborations with leading universities in Europe and the USA and we encourage students who want to broaden their academic horizon to spend a semester abroad during their PhD
To apply, please send the following:
• A letter of motivation
• A complete CV including the names and contact details of two references
• Academic transcripts to Co-Pierre Georg ([email protected], African Institute of Financial Markets and Risk Management, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch 7700, South Africa).
For further questions and enquiries please contact Lizzy Starck ([email protected]).
- The University of Cape Town reserves the right to disqualify ineligible, incomplete and/or inappropriate applications. The University of Cape Town reserves the right to change the conditions of award or to make no awards at all.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the AIFMRM PhD Student Fellowships 2018
[…] The African Institute of Financial Markets and Risk Management (AIFMRM) at the University of Cape To…is a post graduate institute committed to scholarly research that takes a critical and quantitative approach to the study of financial markets and risk management. AIFMRM invites applications for two Postdoctoral Research Fellowships. The application deadline is 31 May 2018 and appointments are for 1 July 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter. The tenure of the fellowship is one year; with the possibility of a further year’s extension being conditional on evidence of satisfactory academic progress. Successful applicants will work closely with members of the Institute in the areas of Computational and Mathematical Finance. The value of the fellowship is R320 000 p.a. which includes a research travel allowance. The successful Fellow(s) will be obliged to comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures and practices for Postdoctoral Research Fellows. Requirements […]