Application Deadline: 27 May 2016.
In addition to the Mandela Magdalene Scholarship, Three Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships will be awarded annually to African students commencing an MPhil programme, also with the aim of enhancing the skills of oustanding African students to enable them to contribute to the future growth of their countries. The successful candidates will have gained a First class or High Second class BA honours degree or equivalent by 1 October 2016.
- The scholarships aim to support African graduate students of outstanding academic merit and leadership potential, orindarily resident in Angola, Botswana, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Preference will be given to students ordinarily resident in Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria and South Africa who have been accepted to undertake MPhils in Economics, Education, Engineering for Sustainable Development, Finance and Management. Applicants to the MBA and MFin are not eligible.
- Award holders will be expected to return to their countries to work or study after completing their course at Cambridge.
The scholarships are full awards that cover:
- University Composition Fee at the overseas rate
- Full maintenance grant for a single person
- £2,500 travel and settling in allowance
Those wishing to be considered for a Standard Bank Derek Cooper Scholarship must apply to the Board of Graduate Studies, 4 Mill Lane, Cambridge, CB2 1RZ, for admission to the University as a Graduate Student using the GRADSAF application form which is obtainable online or in hard copy from the Board.
All candidates must also complete a Standard Bank Derek Cooper Scholarship application form which can be downloaded here or obtained from Ms C. Percival, the Graduate Tutor’s Assistant, Tutorial Office, Magdalene College, Cambridge CB3 0AG. Applications can be submitted in electronic form or in hard copy (6 copies) to the Graduate Tutor’s Assistant ([email protected]) by 27 May 2016.
For More Information: