Application Deadline: October 16th 2018
Two bursaries for R32400 each are available for postgraduate full time studies in 2019. The bursaries are available to students who hold citizenship from African countries outside the borders of South Africa. South African citizens are not eligible.
Eligibility criteria :
- Available to students who hold citizenship from African countries. South African citizens are not eligible.
- Any field of POSTGRADUATE study
- Full-time study
- Leadership involvement within the African communities on SU Campuses in the following fields for the past two years: sport, cultural, academics, religion. In order to comply with the requirements candidate need to state 3 outstanding achievements in at least 2 of the following categories, i.e. participation in SU student leadership structures, sport, participation in cultural activities/community involvement, or leadership roles in faith communities or roles within their academic department (e.g. tutor, research assistant)
- Academic cut-off 60% in final year or immediate preceding previous completed degree.
- Two reference letters verifying the criteria must accompany application. One an academic reference and one verifying involvement in Campus activities.
- A CV should accompany the application.
- Although not a requirement for the award, the panel will give preference to applicants who, in addition to the stipulated conditions, demonstrate financial need. Applicant should provide a budget indicating income and expenses for their 2019 academic year.
- Applicant should not be older than 35 years on 1 January 2019.
- TWO bursaries for R32, 400.00 each are available.
- Two reference letters and CV should accompany the attached application form with Addendum A-one an academic reference and one verifying involvement
- in campus activities.
- Closing date 16 October 2018
For More Information: