Application Deadline: February 22nd 2019
Are you a change-maker? Do you want to be a part of a network of progressive business leaders? Join the Swedish Institute Management Programme for new perspectives on lasting success through responsible leadership and sustainable business
The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The programme challenges traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become more people and planet focused in the global economy.
Collaborative methods are used to maximize your learning experience, creative thinking and how to lead value-driven change. Experts facilitate topics such as business impact on the environment, diversity and inclusion in the workplace as well as financial strategies for sustainable development. Complex business cases are explored and you receive tools to apply in your day-to-day work. Throughout the programme you develop your own initiative and apply learnings from the programme to continuously develop skills on how to make positive business impact.
By the end of the programme you are a part of a long-lasting network of business leaders working for a sustainable future in Asia, Africa and Europe.
SIMP will give you:
- A network of leaders focused on sustainble business and responsible leadership
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business
- Increased leadership competence
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and in the public sector
- You aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy
- You are in a leading position within trade, industry or the public sector
- You have mandate to influence the business strategy for your organisation
- You are between 25-45 years old (born 1974 – 1994)
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- You are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
Costs covered and arranged by you
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and module 3
- Visas costs, when necessary, to all programme modules
- Occasional meals
- Airport transfers
- Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden
Module 1, 3 days in one of the selected countries in Africa, 12 – 14 June 2019
You are introduced to the programme curriculum and topics of focus. Regional business cases creates the framework for your learning.
Module 2, 2 weeks in Sweden, 16 – 28 September 2019
You deep dive into how sustainble business contributes to innovation, production and increased trust in business on the global market. You explore topics such as leadership, stake-holder engagement, climate change and company visits. You also have a chance to initiate your own business case and receive coaching and peer-feedback.
Module 3, 1 week in one of the selected countries in Africa, 10 – 15 February 2020
The focus is on reconnection with the network and harvesting learnings from module 1. You have the opportunity to visit and analyse a real business case.
All parts of the programme are mandatory. The programme is intense and includes evening activities.