Application Deadline: 5 December 2016.
Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) is an intercultural leadership programme for young leaders from the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden.
The programme offers personal and professional development to leaders who work for positive social change in the fields of democracy, human rights, sustainability and equality. YLVP provides the tools necessary to accomplish greater social impact.
YLVP builds and strengthens individual leadership through group-centric methods such as collaboration, feedback and reflection. Participants will learn in group from merited facilitators and from each other, through workshops, practical exercises and hands-on performance.
To apply to the Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) you have to:
- be an NGO leader, legal worker, journalist, social worker, cultural worker, social entrepreneur, civil servant, youth politician or in another type of leadership role
- work actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights
- be between 22 and 32 years old (born 1985 – 1995)
- have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
YLVP is made up of four weeks divided into two modules at separate times. Module one is three weeks long and always takes place in Sweden. Module two is one week long and takes place either in Sweden or in another location. The programme is in English.
All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during YLVP are covered by SI.
In Sweden, 8–26 May, 2017
During the first module, we will dive straight into the experience-based leadership training with a focus on personal and group development. You will be an active participant in several seminars and workshops that touch on topics that are important and relevant to you and your ambitions – such as diversity, human rights, transparency, tolerance and other global challenges.
14–20 October, 2017 (location to be decided)
The second and final module takes place a few months after the end of Module 1, after you’ve had time to start implementing the lessons from the first module into your work. It will take place in Sweden or in another location.
- All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during YLVP are covered by SI. SI also arranges and pays for the participants’ air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme.
- Each participant is responsible for transportation costs within her/his own countries
For More Information: