Application Deadline; May 1st 2014
The International Year of Family Farming (IYFF) highlights the decisive role of family farming in the sustainable production of 70% of the world’s food and in the conservation of ecosystems and biodiversity.
The 2014 International Year of Family Farming photo competition is calling for photos that represent the motto: Family Farming: Feeding the world, caring for the earth.
The IYFF-2014 photo competition collects visual expressions to build stronger recognition and support for family farming, and encourage broad participation in the IYFF.
Entries must visualize the strength, potential and challenges of sustainable, multifunctional family farmers worldwide, in all their diversity and contexts.
- The photo competition is open to everyone.
- Farmers, women, and young people are encouraged to participate.
- The jury will choose a total of seven winning photographs: one first price and six second prizes, one for each continent.
- Five “popular choice” photos will be selected by the public through an online voting system.
- The winning photos will be announced at the end of October 2014 during a special IYFF event.
There are cash prizes for the winners:
- 400 euros for the first place photo;
- 200 euros for each second place photo; and
- 100 euros for each ‘popular choice’.