Submission Deadline: June 21 2013
Adobe announced the 2013 Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA), a global design competition that recognizes the best work of student graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, animators, digital filmmakers, developers and computer artists. Individual and group projects created with Adobe creative software are eligible for submission and will be judged by an international panel of design experts.
The ADAA competition has attracted more than 27,000 student participants from a total of 75 countries since the program was introduced in 2001.
The Adobe Design Achievement Awards celebrate student achievement reflecting the powerful convergence of technology and the creative arts. The competition – which showcases individual and group projects created with industry-leading Adobe creative software – honors the most talented and promising student graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, animators, digital filmmakers, game developers and computer artists from the world’s top institutions of higher education.
Win up to US$5,000 cash, a chance at recognition, and Adobe software!
The 2013 Adobe® Design Achievement Awards inspires higher education students from around the world to create their wings and fly. Media Segment Grand Prize Winners will receive Adobe software, a cash prize of US$3000, an invitation to participate in the 2013 IDA Congress in Istanbul, Turkey, and mentorship; travel and lodging not included.
The ADAA 2013 competition features 12 entry categories in three segments: Interactive Experience, Motion and Video, and Traditional Media.
- Interactive Experience segment includes: Information Design, Game Art and Development, Installation Design, and Digital Publishing
- Motion and Video includes: Animation, Audio Design, Motion Graphics, and Post-Production Editing
- Traditional Media includes: Illustration, Packaging (including Fashion), Print Communications, and Photograph
Segments and Categories
Interactive Experience Media Segment:
Video and Motion Interactive Media Segment:
Traditional Media Segment:
Contest is open to all individuals age 18 years or older who are students in an accredited institution of higher education. The contest is not open to any resident of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
For group entries, everyone who worked on the entry must be listed on the entry form and must meet these eligibility requirements. One of these people must be designated on the entry form as lead team member.
Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Sponsor; its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors; the judging panel; and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest. All federal, state, provincial, autonomous, and local laws and regulations apply.
A participant can be named as an individual Finalist a maximum of once, within the same category. Individual participants are eligible to be recognized more than once, as a Winner or Finalist, provided the recognition placements are within different categories.
Contest begins on February 4, 2013, and ends on June 21, 2013. All entries must be received by Adobe no later than 5 p.m. Pacific time on June 21, 2013. Adobe reserves the right to extend the competition deadline without formal notice, up to eight (8) calendar days, or as late as June 29, 2013.
Note: Individuals and groups will compete with one another in all categories. The following list of prizes describes both individual and group.
Individual Student category winners receive:
- US$2,000 cash, a winner’s certificate, and a 3D award
- One license of Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 Master Collection education version software
- An invitation* and one complimentary general student registration fee of [US$461] value, to attend the 2013 IDA Congress, held in Istanbul, Turkey in November 2013. *Travel and lodging not included; value of complimentary student registration fee [US$461] is nontransferable, cannot be added to the value of the cash prize, nor redeemed for cash or product.
- A one-year mentorship with a design leader.
- An appointment to an Icograda Youth Advisory Panel.
Student Group category winners receive:
- US$2,000 cash to be split by the winning team members and one 3D award to share among the team members
- Each team member gets his or her choice of the education version of either Design and Web Premium (US$449 value), or Production Premium (US$449 value); a winner’s certificate; and an invitation to the awards event
- Group’s designated leader receives an invitation* and one complimentary general student registration fee of [US$461] value, to attend the 2013 IDA Congress, held in Istanbul, Turkey in November 2013. *Travel and lodging not included; value of complimentary student registration fee [US$461] is nontransferable, cannot be added to the value of the cash prize, nor redeemed for cash or product; quantity one student Congress registration per group.
- Group’s designated leader receives a one-year mentorship appointment with a design leader working in their area of interest or in geographic proximity. Appointed mentors would be available to students in an online environment to offer work review, answer questions and provide career advice
- Group’s designated leader is appointed to an Icograda Youth Advisory Panel. The Panel would be consulted by the Icograda Board to ensure that Icograda’s programming and policy are relevant not only to current members but also to those of the next generation.
- Finalist certificate
- A choice of the education version of either Creative Suite Design and Web Premium, or Production Premium
- Portfolio review by a member of the Icograda Executive Board
Student Group finalists receive:
- Each team member receives a finalist’s certificate
- Each team member receives one choice of the education version software of either Creative Suite Design Standard or a choice of three individual products
- Group’s designated leader receives a Portfolio review by a member of the Icograda Executive Board
How to Enter
Application entry forms are exclusively available from the Contest entry web page at www.adobeawards.com