Application Deadline:Thursday September 24 2020, at midday GMT.
Every year, the Financial Times and The Bodley Head, one of Britain’s leading publishers of non-fiction, team up to find the best young essay-writing talent from around the world. Now in its eighth year, The Bodley Head/FT Essay Prize competition has been the springboard for many exciting writers. This year our regular judging panel is joined by the award-winning writer Yiyun Li and leading literary agent Emma Paterson.
- The Bodley Head/FT Essay competition is open to anyone between 18 and 35 years old.
- The judges are looking for a dynamic, authoritative and lively essay of no more than 3,500 words in English, on any subject.
- The winner will receive: £1,000 cash and an e-publication with The Bodley Head, publication in the FT of their winning essay and a mentoring session with The Bodley Head.
- Two runners-up will win £300 cash each and an e-publication with The Bodley Head.
- Terms and conditions apply.
- Please enter your details below, then paste your essay into the box provided.
- The competition closes on Thursday September 24 2020, at midday GMT.
- You can find tips on how to write a winning entry here.
- If you have any questions about your entry, email [email protected].
For More Information: