Application Deadline: April 25, 2023
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) is committed to fulfil its socio-economic mandate by providing training opportunities in the form of financial assistance to community recipients, within the Johannesburg metropolitan area, who intend pursuing academic studies at a recognised TVET College and / or HET Institution in South Africa.
The bursary is for qualifications that are a minimum duration of one year of full-time study. The CoJ is offering bursaries to South African youth, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in the following technical and vocational study fields:
- Computer Systems Network and System Administration
- Data Management
- Software Developer
- Electrical Sports Management
- Information Technology/Security
- Web Developer
- Machining Welding
Criteria for selection
• Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
• Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
• It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
• The bursary is for qualifications of no less than one year.
• The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
• The bursary is not applicable for post graduate qualifications
- The Bursary covers Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R40 000,00 per academic year
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful.
Contact Person: Billy Baloyi Tel No: (011) 407 6979
A completed application form, proof of residence, certified copy of ID and matric certificate, any relevant qualifications, and proof of income must be included with the application.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the City of Johannesburg (CoJ) Bursary 2023